Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring fever  (Read 1509 times)

vazuw55

Spring fever
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:05:52 pm »

Any thoughts?

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Spring fever
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

Yes - nice composition and framing of what could be a really good shot, but I think you have gone a bit OTT with the sliders and crunched up the pixels to the point where they are screaming for mercy. But all is not lost, if I were you, I would go back to the original capture and start afresh, but this time gently tweak it into a more realistic representation of the beautiful scene you saw before you. Now that is the image I would love to see.

Learning when to stop can be just as hard as it was learning how to do it.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:04:31 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »

Ouch!  What Dave said - definitely.  Good potential there though.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:23:33 am »

My impression is that the pixel crunching was done intentionally to create a painterly look. If that's the case, great, although the size is too small to judge accurately. Again, if this is intentional, then I would soften the edges unless it's the "mosaic" tissue paper art effect you're after. Perhaps what I'm saying is that it's difficult to judge exactly what you were after, although there is great potential for a variety of options.

However, if the painterly look is not what your goal was, then I agree with Dave and Mike - OTT.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

vazuw55

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:16 pm »

The actual scene was over the top! The light and colors were like an explosion of spring. I am usually a less is more guy, but this is how the scene felt to me. I agree its over the top!

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08:22 am »

The actual scene was over the top! The light and colors were like an explosion of spring. I am usually a less is more guy, but this is how the scene felt to me. I agree its over the top!

Hi vazuw55 - sorry if I seemed a little harsh before, I wasn't trying to be as I really do like the composition of your image and think you have something with great potential there, it is just that I was finding it difficult to look at the merits of the image without becoming overly distracted by looking at the way you have worked it, if you know what I mean.

I would still really like to see a less worked version though, if you would?

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up