Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressions of the Bavarian forest  (Read 3036 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Impressions of the Bavarian forest
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

Hi,

I want to show you some impressions of the Bavarian Forest in Germany :

mountain stream 'kleine Ohe'

'kleiner Arbersee'

sunset at Lusen

'Große Ohe'

Please, give me your comments to these shots.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Tony Jay

Re: Impressions of the Bavarian forest
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

Well Robert, you certainly seem to have a lot of fun in your backyard.

Nice pics.

Regards

Tony Jay

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:51 pm »

Three out of four NICE. I don't care much for the Abersee due to it's flat lighting.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

#1 & #3 for me, very nice. The second one just seems ordinary, perhaps some clouds would help? - for a future shot, I mean.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06:33 am »

I like the first one and the last one.  The middle two seem to be to 'flat' for me and could use some contrast.  In the second one, movin forward enough to remove the branch from the bottom right of the frame would improve it greatly, especially as one is mirroring the image in the water, and in the third one the featureless foreground at the bottom doesn't seem to add anything to the image.  My $0.02.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 02:57:16 am »

I love the first one! The last one is also very pleasing. Kleiner Arbersee could be  more interesting, the foreground branch could left outside the frame and I might want to see a bit more of the right side chalets. Sunset at Lusen is well done but I'm not as excited - compared to the first image!

It's a very nice set of photos, bravo.
Francois

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:59:54 am »

Very good particularly the first
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Kerry L

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:45 am »

All very nice. #1 is your best of these. Even though it is a little flat I like # 3, Sunset at Lusen.

In my mind you've captured the water in #4 perfectly, both in exposure and speed. I like how you've kept the parts of the image simple; water and rocks.

Looks like you have a great "backyard" to play in and hopefully you'll post more.

"Try and let your mind see more than you

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »

Dear all,

many thanks for your helpful comments on my pictures. I think it will help em much to improve my personal photography.

But let my make one remark - Bavarian Forest is aproximately 400 miles away from my hometown, so , even it is a pitty, it is not my playground or backyard, which I really regret, becasue it is one of the most interesting landscapes we have in Germany.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »

I am a sucker for a mountain stream with moss covered boulders.  Excellent work! 

The trick with forest photography is to somehow to take a very chaotic and uncontrolled environment of branches, twigs, leaves, logs, boulders, rocks, and everything else and make an image that shows a clear unified subject.  One of the ways to do this is with skillful blurring of the water (undoubtedly a bit of a photographic cliche) to create a singular element that unifies the image as it snakes through the frame.

Using this unfairly maligned technique is easier said than done and you have done it very well.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up