Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11880 color management??  (Read 1851 times)

framah

11880 color management??
« on: June 19, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »

Any other 11880 owners out there??
I just got mine in last Thursday and it's all set up and I was about to make my first test print on it and when I try to turn off the printer manages printing, there is nothing in that part of the menu.
The manual shows a window with the ability to turn off the color management so I can use PS to manage it, but THAT window does not show up when I go there.
Anyone else have this problem?
I can still access it from the 9900 software but not this new software for the 11880. ???
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: 11880 color management??
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »

What OS?

framah

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:13:03 pm »

Sorry... Mac.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

You need to select Photoshop Manages Color in Photoshop first.  Then you should find that the driver is already set correctly (i.e. with colour management switched off).

If you have PS set to PS Manages Colour, then the driver will be set accordingly.  It's the current (new) paradigm.  It also happens on Windows, but it's not locked (OS X locks it).
Phil Brown

framah

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:31:19 am »

Sorry... but that isn't the problem. The problem is that when I go to the print window and then click on printer color management NOTHING comes up!!!

It doesn't matter whether I choose PS manages color or printer manages color or no color management in the "color handling" line, when it then goes to the next window  that lets me make paper settings and such, when I scroll down to the color management bar, this is what I SHOULD get:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/11880window002.jpg[/img]]

as per the manual.

This is what I get for real:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/Screenshot2012-06-20at103416AM-1.jpg[/img]]

Nothing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:37:51 am by framah »

framah

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

If I  set it for PS manages color, then when I do a test print, the colors come out all muddy which usually means that both the printer and PS are trying to manage color. When I set it for the printer to manage color to comes out ok but I'm not able to chose a paper profile.

Anyhoo... It's not like this machine just came out. It's been around for a few years so you'd think they would have bugs like this fixed and revised drivers sent with the new machines they sell.

I'm going to try to get hold of someone at Epson about this but wanted to also see if anyone on here has seen this problem.

framah

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:05 pm »

Ok... I think I have it solved. I did an uninstall of the driver from the disk that came with the machine and then an install of the current driver from their site and now even tho the windows STILL don't look the same as in the manual, I can at least turn off the printer management and use PS to manage and also pick profiles for the jobs at hand.

Hopefully, it  will now play nicely.
 I'll throw a print to it tonite and see how it goes.

Thanks to that old timer, Randy at Shades of Paper for his suggestions!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up