Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: found a good app for listing shots  (Read 2199 times)

stewarthemley

found a good app for listing shots
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:10:02 am »

It's called Shot Lister....! I think it's only for the iPad/phone but I might be wrong. The link is: www.shotlister.com.

I have no connection other than I just downloaded it and it seems quite useful.

I mention it because it might help someone sort out their shooting day, and also because I think we should support, people who are writing useful stuff.

Hope that's ok with the moderators.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Re: found a good app for listing shots
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:30:42 pm »

For those of you who are using Adobe, CS6 has a new tool called Prelude that can name footage, append notes, add metadata and even do a rough edit - with a seamless round trip workflow with Premiere.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

stewarthemley

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:26 am »

I didn't explain what it does very well. SL helps you plan a shooting day -  or days. You list what shots you plan, how long they might take, gear needed, etc, etc. Oh, and it's $10!

So it's not really like CS6, which allows you to list stuff after you have shot it. Personally, I think FCPX is the best for that. The data base management is great for fast sorting and retrieving. Just MO.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:40 am »

Similar to the functions above but with the addition of slating, TC control, focussing aids and a lot more is Movie*Slate

$$ but recommended.

stewarthemley

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

Agreed, Movie Slate is a great app. I've been using it a while now. Slightly different from SL and I find both helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up