Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware Calibratable Monitor Recommendation  (Read 1854 times)

mike_n

Hardware Calibratable Monitor Recommendation
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:32:40 pm »

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a hardware calibratable‎ monitor, e.g. NEC Multisync Spectraview 301W or Eizo ColorEdge CG275W. Will be doing mainly video (REC 709) and photo editing as well as graphic design.

I looked at different models and some reviews but I would prefer real-life experience from experts and users here. Some say the NEC Spectraview compete with the Eizo's, at a cheaper price.... would you agree ? Is Lacie still comparable to NEC or Eizo ?

Also, what is the main difference (downside or advantage) between the NEC Spectraview 301 and the NEC Multisync 301 ?

Thanks for all your input and recommendations !

- M

mike_n

Re: Hardware Calibratable Monitor Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:37:30 am »

NEC sales got back to me, in the US the NEC Multisync series with the calibration kit (e.g. PA301W-BK-SV) is what is called the NEC Spectraview Reference series in Europe... so the kit is the only difference between the two...

- M

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:44:51 am »

Some say the NEC Spectraview compete with the Eizo's, at a cheaper price.... would you agree ?
 Is Lacie still comparable to NEC or Eizo ?

Agreed and no. In fact LaCie makes very little of anything but rather slaps their labels on stuff they buy from OEM’s.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

…In fact LaCie makes very little of anything but rather slaps their labels on stuff they buy from OEM’s.

And having dealt with their support (in Europe) on many occasions, I can say that I will never again purchase or recommend LaCie products.

I also understand that LaCie has been (or is being) acquired by Seagate (link)
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up