Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange problem with my Epson 7880  (Read 2904 times)

Vinzito

Strange problem with my Epson 7880
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:16:12 am »

I just replaced the dampers on my 7880, I ran a power clean, then did a nozzle test.
The print came out great. So I put all of the panels back on. Started it up and it hasn't been able to print a single drop of ink to the paper, it won't even print the nozzle test.
It seems very strange that the print would go from perfect to absolutely nothing (not even a smudge). I've tried multiple cleanings, nothing will print.

I took the right and center cover back off so I could observe the internals, I ran a clean and it is definitely sucking ink into the waste tank. I was almost expecting to find a loose or pulled wire, but haven't been able to figure this one out. I'm really hoping I can resume printing Monday. I've been struggling with this all weekend.

I updated the firmware in the printer too, just in case something got wiped out in the memory. Still nothing. Anyone have any ideas what could be the cause?

Vinzito

Re: Strange problem with my Epson 7880
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »

Well, I've ordered a 7900 since they are on sale for $2500 now. Hopefully it gets here quick.

I'd still like to get this 7880 working again as a backup someday. But I've tried just about everything I can think of. I double checked to make sure the cartridges are getting pressurized.

I just have a feeling it is the mainboard, I can't think of anything else I didn't check. And from what I hear the mainboard is something you can't replace without an Epson tech. Since there are some calibrations that need to be done which require a maintenance utility that only the tech's have access to. Not sure if that is true or not, but I'm not willing to risk buying the replacement mainboard just yet.

I'm still open to suggestions, and willing to try just about anything else at this point.

Vinzito

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:34:48 am »

So. Upon further inspection I have discovered that this one fuse (F8) on the main board is blown. I've tried replacing the fuse and it is blown out again. Something else is causing this. Does anyone know what this fuse leads to? (Sorry for the slightly blurry pic)

mistertom81

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:55:10 am »

I think I have the same problem.
How did you figure out the F8 fuse is blown ?

sneeze57

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 09:11:40 am »

the fuse leads to the head and maybe the transistors on the main board shoud be damaged. if it is so, you have to change main board and print head. check also the flat cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up