Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Edit in" problem  (Read 5285 times)

mwphoto

"Edit in" problem
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:17:33 am »

I've been using LR 4.1 for the majority of my adjustments and exporting to CS5 for retouching for the past few weeks.  Up until today, no problems.
Now when I export into PS ("Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments") the image that appears in PS lacks all LR adjustments except for any crop I applied in LR.  This behavior is only occurring with PS.  If I export to a Nik product for further editing, using the same Edit Copy with LR Adjustments command the image that appears in Nik has all the LR adjustments.  My LR Preference settings for all External Editors have not changed.
Any thoughts?

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Tony Jay

Re: "Edit in" problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:26:06 am »

I think you need to have your Lr version and ACR in sync.
Check Adobes website to work out the sync.
In the case of Lr4.x you may need Ps6 for the correct version of ACR.

Regards

Tony Jay

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:18:36 am »

Only 4.0 works with cs5.x up to act 4.7

Going to lr4.1 means you need cs6

mwphoto

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:23:16 am »

Thanks for your replies.  I'm sending Tiffs with LR adjustments into PS rather than RAW files.  Is there still a compatibility issue between 4.1 and CS5 when using these formats?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:24:48 am by mwphoto »

kaelaria

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 01:32:55 am »

Yes. It's some of the Lightroom adjustments that are the problem. You would need to render files from lr and open separately in ps if you don't want to go back to 4.0

BigBadWolfie

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 01:43:38 am »

Yes. It's some of the Lightroom adjustments that are the problem. You would need to render files from lr and open separately in ps if you don't want to go back to 4.0
Can you point out the specific adjustments?

I've done LR Tiff exports to CS5.5 and my adjustments seem to be there, exposure, curve adjustments etc. Wondering what I should be looking for. I run Windows though so not sure if that makes a difference.

kaelaria

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 01:53:30 am »

Os is irrelevant. Everything new from 4.0 to 4.1 is unsupported. Admittedly that's not much in this point releases case but the new lens color correction is an example. Previous features of course still work.

mwphoto

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 02:12:41 am »

The only adjustment that is making it from my 4.1 Tiffs to CS5 is any crop I applied.  Color and tonal adjustments don't transfer over.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the files are from the D800?

kaelaria

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 02:21:33 am »

Yes lr 4.1 and cs6 with acr 7.1 is the first version supporting d800 files. All these kinds of specs are listed on the lr update and acr update pages in the change lists.

mwphoto

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 02:29:58 am »

Turns out it is also occurring with my D3s files.  But it only occurs with those files that are process version 2012.  Earlier PV versions show all adjustments when taken into PS.  Looks like I'm forking out another $200.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 03:18:44 am »

A dialog box should appear that includes options such as "Open Anyway" and "Render with Lightroom".  The former invokes ACR, which is the old version and loses your LR4 adjustments. The latter makes LR render the file, keeping your adjustments but creating a TIF file. So either update your ACR - ie upgrade Photoshop - or choose "Render with Lightroom".

mwphoto

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 10:35:02 am »

Thanks, John.  That provided a workaround answer until I upgrade to CS6.  I had been clicking on "Open Anyway".

I see Nat Coalson mentions this in his LR4 book; guess I missed that part.

And thanks to everyone else for your help and time.

kaelaria

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 11:22:21 am »

Sorry, I should have phrased my first answer better if you didn't understand that yesterday.

mwphoto

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 05:45:23 pm »

Sorry, I should have phrased my first answer better if you didn't understand that yesterday.

Now that reread your post I should have been able to figure out what you meant....was getting late, I guess.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up