Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pdf creation with Adobe Bridge CS5 - blurry images  (Read 5351 times)

The View

Pdf creation with Adobe Bridge CS5 - blurry images
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »

I'm trying to create a pdf with several images involved.

I'm using Adobe Bridge CS5, 300dpi, 100% quality, and I put in the exact dimensions of the document.

Still, the quality of text and images is degraded and slightly blurry.

Is the pdf creation tool in Adobe Bridge of minor quality? I had not noticed blurriness when creating pdfs for print in Photoshop CS3.

It looks to me Adobe took pdf creation out of Photoshop, and replaced it with something of inferior quality in Bridge CS5.

Comment appreciated.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Pdf creation with Adobe Bridge CS5 - blurry images
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:10:02 am »

Are you looking at them with adobe reader? For some reason it displays awfully, 100% is nowhere near the real 100%, you need to zoom to approx 250% and even then it's not a real 100%. I hate this limitation. Open the pdf in CS5 and you will see it's fine.

The View

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »

Are you looking at them with adobe reader? For some reason it displays awfully, 100% is nowhere near the real 100%, you need to zoom to approx 250% and even then it's not a real 100%. I hate this limitation. Open the pdf in CS5 and you will see it's fine.

I'm looking at it in Apple's Preview pdf viewing software.

I ditched Adobe Reader a year ago because of its poor user interface.

I send my pdfs (treatments) out to all kind of people involved in a shoot (hair, make-up, wardrobe stylist, model agency), therefore it bothers me that they can't see it as in as high a quality as it was created in.

But, basically, your message is: it's not the Bridge pdf creation, it's the viewer software that is bad.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:33:48 pm by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »

I am not a fan of PDF delivery of images.  There is too much going on underneath the hood (out of sight).  I know it does JPG compression of bitmap images, but I am not sure what exactly it's default settings are.

A also have heard a bit about pdf interpretation of DPI settings.  When we do renderings to print, we have a simple formula of dots-per-inch or pixels-per-inch.  Acrobat is optimizing for on-screen display of 96 DPI (typically based on PC screen pitch).  For this reason, I think it is generally badly down-sizing bitmaps that you embed in PDF.  I think there are ways to increase the resolution dramatically, but I haven't experimented with it and I don't know all the details. 
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up