Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Biotope of Fiavè  (Read 1292 times)

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Biotope of Fiavè
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

Some shots from my last portfolio dedicated to the archeological area of Fiavè (Trentino - Italy), a protected biotope which has remained unspoilt and it hosts the remains of pile-dwelling structures dating back to 2300 b.C.
The portfolio is made of 15 images: http://www.robertofrieri.net/biotope.html
Hope you like it.

M8 + Elmar 3.8/24
B+W Infrared filter
Capture One 6 Pro

popnfresh

Re: Biotope of Fiavè
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41:33 am »

Shots 1, 3 and 4 lack anything interesting in the foreground. The only shot here that has some potential is #2. But your choice of using infrared filtering has not helped. The tonal values of the white tree leaves merge with those of the clouds behind them so that there's no separation between the two.

Infrared filtering isn't helping any of these shots. There's only so much white grass and leaves the eye can take.

shutterpup

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »

In your portfolio, I like #3, 7 and 11. Didn't choose any of the ones you posted.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »

I'm with Pop, Roberto. I get the feeling these might be much better if they weren't IR filtered. How about some shots in this area without the IR filter?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:22:34 am »

Ok, thank you all: an infrared flop...  :)

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:48:14 am »

Ok, thank you all: an infrared flop...  :)
Ok Roberto... rather than just saying it is a 'flop' on the back of 4 people's opinion.... perhaps 5..(my own)... let's work on this a bit more. What was your intention to use an IR filter? What were you hoping to achieve? What is it about these images that you liked? What in each of these images was unsetting or that you were uncertain about?? Ask yourself heaps of questions. Identify the bits you like...and the bits which aren't working. That may then help you work with scenes or processing to include or eliminate lements to creat images which fulfills your intention and that you are happy with.

Julie

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

Ok Roberto... rather than just saying it is a 'flop' on the back of 4 people's opinion.... perhaps 5..(my own)... let's work on this a bit more. What was your intention to use an IR filter? What were you hoping to achieve? What is it about these images that you liked? What in each of these images was unsetting or that you were uncertain about?? Ask yourself heaps of questions. Identify the bits you like...and the bits which aren't working. That may then help you work with scenes or processing to include or eliminate lements to creat images which fulfills your intention and that you are happy with.
Julie

Hi Julie, thank you for your comment.
I am very proud of my infrared portfolio, that I have included in my website.
I had to wait quite a year to have the right condition (sun, green stuff, clouds, water) to photograph in the way I'd have liked.
I'm just a bit afraid of the negative opinions, so I called it a "flop".
(Sorry for my poor english...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up