Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 - must be on stand?  (Read 1158 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Epson 7900 - must be on stand?
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:50:35 pm »

I am struggling to find space for this baby in my office, it would make life so much simpler if it could live happily on my counter - which is 24" deep and very sturdy. Is this OK or does the printer require the stand?

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
Re: Epson 7900 - must be on stand?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:50 pm »

Peter,

I have my 7800 sitting on a counter where the counter is supported on the left with a wall attachment and a leg just to the right side and there is no problem whatsoever. I believe the depths of the two units are very similar, so as long as your counter is supported well, that should work well for you.

Regards,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:06 pm »

Tought to say.  Perhaps with some creativity.  The bottom isn't designed to sit on a counter, so it may require removing some guides etc. or creating some type of spacer similar to where it actually connects to the stand.

Also the paper feed is a few inches behind the front of the printer, so it also would have to hang out off the front.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »

My previous Epsons and my current Canon have all done a sort of hoochy-coochy dance, rebounding a fraction of an inch each time the shuttle reverses direction.  Is this intended to agitate the ink?  Are the stands designed to have just enough sway to accomplish that?  These are deep questions that have often troubled me as I stare at prints in progress in the wee hours of the morning.

But I do recall that the 7800 and 9880 both had big rubber feet on the bottom, presumably for desktop use.

But in any case, a certain amount of swaying inertia will be imparted to the supporting surface.  Wall banging situations seem possible.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 08:27:20 am »

One thing you will notice with the 9900 (and I would bet the 7900 also) is that there is no more shake and bake.
As has already been mentioned, 7800, 98880 both did this to some degree.  The 9900 seems to have the motion
issue figured out, at least when in the stand.  The 7900 is close to the same weight, of course not as wide, but I
would assume it would also have much less of the motion issues.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »

Can I ask a favor of you? I would like to know the front-to-back dimensions of the shelf/counter that your 7800  is on, particularly the front edge to back wall distance. THanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up