Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning fog, southwest Portugal  (Read 1493 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Morning fog, southwest Portugal
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:46:52 am »

This place is located near the Almograve beach, in southwest Portugal. This particular morning in June, last week, there was fog and drizzle. I woke up before sunset and drove to the place, to face these weather conditions. Well, I am not one to be beaten by weather, so I tried to make the most of it. I have used a neutral density filter, to enhance the mood of the fog and sea. These were shot with a EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22 lens, neutral density filter, and tripod. The exposure was a few seconds for each shot.

Kind regards

Tony Jay

Re: Morning fog, southwest Portugal
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:42 am »

The second image is a wonderful composition.

Regards

Tony Jay

francois

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:31:01 am »

The first image leaves me with an uneasy feeling. It's probably due to the in-focus foreground and somewhat blurry or foggy background. I quite like the shape the surf.

I find the second image much more pleasing & balanced. I like it, well done!
Francois

Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 07:54:43 am »

Interesting perspectives, makes one want to reach back for something to hold on to.

The first image with the large hole on the right, both figuratively and literally, looks unbalanced. That is likely what gives Francois vertigo.

The second image is much better and quite nice.

I'm not a fan of the standard 2/3 ratio of dSLR's. I think both images could be improved with a bit of cropping and a tweak to the curves and levels.

Thanks for sharing.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »

(pombas_10_6_12_7_net.jpg)

The tilted bedding planes, jutting out into the waves have interesting shape and tone. Unfortunately, the sharply focused foreground presents a couple of stones splattered with bird shit.

If only you had been dangling from a rope over the cliff edge, with an unobstructed view of the sea and foreshore ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up