Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drobo Pro (high capacity photo library storage) for sale  (Read 577 times)

Dan Wells

Drobo Pro (high capacity photo library storage) for sale
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:38:43 pm »

I'm selling a Drobo Pro 8 bay storage unit with 7 Seagate Barracuda 1.5 terabyte drives in it. This is probably the cheapest and simplest RAID system on the market, especially with the capacity and expandability. Perfect for large photo libraries (i'm moving to a Thunderbolt library since my new Mac has the faster Thunderbolt interface). The Drobo unit alone sells new for $1500 with no drives included (Drobo still sells the same unit),while the drives are $109 each new. Everything is in perfect shape( two years old), and the drives have three years of warranty left. I'd like to get $1000 for the whole setup, but am open to offers. Interfaces include USB 2.0 ( not 3.0, and really for emergency use only, at least on the Mac - USB 2.0 may work better on a PC), FireWire 800 and iSCSI (works over an Ethernet port). It is very easy to set up on FireWire 800, while the iSCSI is faster, but a little more involved. It literally just plugs in if you use the FireWire interface, although you want to download the Drobo Dashboard software so you can see what it's doing. even the iSCSI setup takes less than an hour, assuming you have a  free Gigabit Ethernet port ( this is NOT a network - attached storage device, it's using an Ethernet port to attach to a single computer).

-dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up