Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P45+ and capture one, cs6 under exposed problem  (Read 5915 times)

stefsite2

P45+ and capture one, cs6 under exposed problem
« on: June 14, 2012, 06:28:20 am »

hello, i'm a lot in trouble. When i open on capture one my IQQ L files, it's the same that i can see (graphic too) on my digital back. When i want open it in photoshop CS6 camera raw, or lightroom, it's 3 step less exposed!!! burn on capture one is not on CS6, correct exposed on capture one is under exposed on CS6! why? what can i do? thanks a lot for your help...

flynnyfalcon

Re: P45+ and capture one, cs6 under exposed problem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »

I have the same setup but haven't had your issue before  ???

Are you able to clarify the issue a little clearer.

stefsite2

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:34:00 pm »

to be clearer, when i open a file in capture one it's really more exposed than in CS6 camera raw...my canon 5D II is ok on the 2 configuration, but not for the phaseone. A picture too much exposed on Capture one, just opened, is normal exposed on cs6, a normal on capture one is less exposed on CS6....it's a real problem.perhaps i have to seplect something in capture one? or CS6? i don't know which one is the right! all i konw is the graphic i can see in my digital back is the same than in capture one...

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

Can you please send me the original raw file to study?  madmanchan2000@yahoo.com  (you can use YouSendIt.com, dropbox, etc.).

Thanks.
Eric Chan

stefsite2

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

i send by yousendit. This file is just correctly exposed, almost too much, on the digital back, and capture one. Under exposed on CS6 clearly!!(at least 3 steps)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:14:18 am »

i send by yousendit. This file is just correctly exposed, almost too much, on the digital back, and capture one. Under exposed on CS6 clearly!!(at least 3 steps)

Hi,

Capture One, when using a filmcurve instead of linear response, suggests higher exposure (could be almost one stop) than is actually there. ISO settings above ISO 100 are in effect just underexposures with a tag in the metadata.

Just 2 possible explanations for what you are seeing on the Capture One side. I'll let Eric comment on the ACR side.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

stefsite2

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 06:48:10 am »

thanks for your proposition..i checked, but i'm not in linear, i'm in film standard one...i checked in 50 and 100 iso, same effect.I remarked if you import some pictures from the P45+ to capture one, you ha small photos. they are correct exposed. If you press on one to load it, immediatly, it become brighter and color change!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »

The effect you mention, has bugged me since around 4.1x.  The older 3.7.8 did not do this.  Mid 2010 I had a open tech call for months
the Phase One on this same issue.  Net many times the image looks OK on the LCD, however that same image will load in Capture One
with about 1 to 1.5x of exposure difference on the plus.  You can see this as you mention, as the images first load in Capture One, small
they seem to have the same exposure level as they did with the LCD but as Capture One creates the cache file of each image, many times
you can see the image appear to "brighten".  For blue skies this created a real issue for me and for a while I used the Linear setting instead
of the film standard.  However I didn't like the look of these files. 

For me the solution was to watch the histogram and under expose the the shots just a bit.  I never have figured out what causes this, but
just changed up my style of shooting.  It helps to under expose a bit any way with a P45+ as it tended to blow out high lights too easily for me. 

This is using a P45+ with a DF body and a variety of Mamiya lenses, 35mm, 45mm, 55mm, 120mm 150mm 75-150mm.  Window7 64 bit, Capture One
4.x up to 6.2.x 64 bit.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

stefsite2

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:08 pm »

thanks a lot for your sharing...but i'm still completly surprised a such professionnal camera, with such exigent photographers, there are this kind of big problem! and Phaseone doesn't answer!!it 's so important, exposure!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up