Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl Now Prestige?  (Read 5433 times)

BigBadWolfie

Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl Now Prestige?
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:47:19 am »

I wanted to make a different thread since the Gold Fibre Silk seems to be the same only rebranded. However, it appears that the Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl not only has been rebranded but it has changed? It's now heavier and has a product code and different ICC profile. Anyone know the differences in print? I just bought some of the old smooth pearl. Oh well.

I.T. Supplies

Re: Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl Now Prestige?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

The Smooth Pearl was changed a little.  Ilford has changed  this version from 310gsm to 290gsm.  Not a huge difference, but it was slightly updated.
I've attached the link to our site where it shows the new product numbers from the previous line numbers.
If you go to our site and put your cursor on Brand, a drop down menu will show the selection.  Move over Ilford and select the Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl.

I believe all Ilford papers start in the 200 area and last 4 numbers are different depending on which version you purchase.

The quality shouldn't have changed, just on the lighter side than what the Galerie version was.  You won't really be able to tell a huge difference in the weight change, but the print should still look the same.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:50:58 pm by Atlex.com »
Pages: [1]   Go Up