Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: As From My Window I Sometimes Watch  (Read 5593 times)

Rob C

Re: As From My Window I Sometimes Watch
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:31:31 am »

This is what I would have done (and probably Gene Smith too):

Why are you proving all over again that the manuscrpit is superior to the reading? The wheel exists!

I think your offering is excellently on-tone, but you have seriously misjudged Eugene: he's have used a helluva lot more Farmer's reducer, showing again the inherently better technology of wetness over a dry run.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:14 pm »

This is what I would have done (and probably Gene Smith too):

Maybe, Slobodan, but I doubt it. Problem is the poor thing doesn't have a mother to bathe it.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 02:50:07 pm »

Russ, I like the photo for the composition. I know some have mentioned that it doesn't work but I think it does- purely for the reason that I can't see a way of doing it otherwise here. The fallen tree on it's own doesn't say anything, it needs some sort of balance as provided by those growing around it. I wish the light was softer though.

Dave mentioned tripods; I fell in love with the Manfrotto 058B a few years ago, lent to me by my friend Harry. For work like this it would be perfect, you could mount a camera and a medium sized SUV on it and it wouldn't flinch. Pity it weighs as much as an SUV too. 

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 09:05:06 am »

Riann, that tripod was to keep Harry grounded - earthed, even, what with all those bare young fillies running around the place.

;-)

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up