Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiles for Epson R3000 printer with Fuji paper  (Read 1964 times)

sanfairyanne

Profiles for Epson R3000 printer with Fuji paper
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:07 am »

My father has an Epson R3000 printer and has kindly offered to print out my images, unfortunately he's suffering from poor eyesight so I need to be as sure as I can that what I see on my monitor is what he prints out.

I'm new to printing but from what I understand if my monitor is properly calibrated and my father's computer has the correct ICC profile for the printer and paper used we should in theory get an accurate print.

I'm using Lightroom 4 so if I'm correct I can input the profiles to L4 which will show me if my colour gamut is correct.

The problem is Epson only offer the following profiles for their given paper:

Fine Art Papers   Cold Press Natural White   Mac   Win
Cold Press Bright White   Mac   
Hot Press Natural White      
Hot Press Bright White      
Exhibition Fiber Paper      Mac   Win

I really want to experiment with Fuji Crystal Archive Pearl paper. Can anyone please suggest what I should do.

Many thanks.

Tony Jay

Re: Profiles for Epson R3000 printer with Fuji paper
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:29 am »

If you have access to the internet you may be able find the profile in question.
However I have done a search and cannot find any profiles by Fuji for third-party printers.
It is possible to have a profile made with that paper for the printer in question if you cannot find a Fuji-made profile.
Download that profile and then install it (in Windows anyway) here: Window\system32\spool\drivers\colour.

Lr4 knows that this is where the profiles are.
In the print module clicking on the profile currently in use brings up an option: Other...
Click on this and all the installed profiles on the system will be listed.
Choose the one you want.

If you have an Apple Mac system the principle is exactly the same except the folder to install it in may be different (I have no experience with these systems so I have no idea where the profile will go) but if correctly installed Lr4 will know where it is.

Regards

Tony Jay
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:55:17 am by Tony Jay »

sanfairyanne

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:01 am »

Thanks Tony,

You're right I am using a Mac. It looks like the only way round this is to get a custom profile made up for each paper.

Regards Andy

Tony Jay

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 06:36:36 am »

Let us know how you go.

Obviously, if other papers are suitable it may be much easier to obtain manufacturers profiles for them instead.

Regards

Tony Jay

sanfairyanne

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:29:52 am »

I've discovered that Fuji Crystal Archive paper is a chemical paper not for use on an inkjet printer like our R3000. I just spoke with a print supplier and they tell me it's nigh on impossible to guarantee an accurate colour match from my computer to my fathers. The closest solution is for me to use the profile for his printer and our chosen paper then send him the file. It may well look completely wrong on his monitor but providing he does no corrections we stand a reasonable chance of getting accurate colours. Naturally I'll have to keep an eye on the results of each new print.

I think of an example of Coca Cola opening up a bottling factory in Uganda. They would want the labels printed in the exact tone of red. I don't need to be so pedantic I just don't want a vastly different colour.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up