Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Austerity?  (Read 13688 times)

Rob C

Re: Austerity?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2012, 10:07:20 am »

"In this one you're on the sidelines."

In this case, a nicer, more charitable way of looking at the photographer's position would be as the virgin tied to the distant rock as the dragon comes steaming out of the sea towards her, rape - or possibly just lunch - on its mind.

Who'd be a snapper?

Rob C

stamper

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2012, 10:12:15 am »

Yes, we are. Not sure it is a compliment though. Not for humans. For rats, maybe. Other than generally viewed with disgust, I am unaware that rats are capable of such unspeakable cruelty, monstrousity and atrocities we, the proud humans, are.

So, what's your point in economic or political terms? You know of a more "humane" way of running things? I am all ears! But peddling failed systems of the past and debunked theories ain't gonna cut it.

Personally I have never peddled any system on this forum. I have certainly criticised some of the present ones. Slobodan if you think that this is the best that mankind can do then the world is doomed to everlasting crisis. This one isn't over yet and it could implode to a doomsday scenario. As I see it you are the resident sniper with all of the bullets and none of the answers. :) ;)

popnfresh

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:12 am »

I suggest we concentrate on photography and not get embroiled in pointless bickering over politics, as if anyone is going to change their views because of what they read here.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:38 am »

Slobodan if you think that this is the best that mankind can do then the world is doomed to everlasting crisis.

Name a period in recorded history of more than thirty years when the world wasn't either on the verge of or in crisis. Unfortunately, crisis grows out of human nature.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jeremypayne

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »

Yes, I agree that policing of these services is required - but it always was a need, the rules were there, but who enforced them?

Actually, there were NO rules where it matter most on this occasion.

Nobody was regulating - at all - the market for Credit Default Swaps ... because the geniuses in the Clinton administration allowed themselves to be bullied by the nice, honorable people Rob thinks work on Wall Street into ruling that CDS were NEITHER insurance products NOR securities.

There's your crony capitalism, Russ.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2012, 01:23:38 pm »

If you substitute "bought off" for "bullied," I'd agree with you, Jeremy.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:16 am »

Actually, there were NO rules where it matter most on this occasion.

Nobody was regulating - at all - the market for Credit Default Swaps ... because the geniuses in the Clinton administration allowed themselves to be bullied by the nice, honorable people Rob thinks work on Wall Street  into ruling that CDS were NEITHER insurance products NOR securities.

There's your crony capitalism, Russ.

Tut, tut, Jeremy! You are being somewhat misrepresentational(?)  or, at the very least, giving way to extreme memory distortion. I quote what I wrote:

"Yes, some people have been driven by greed and hubris, but by no means the entire industry. It's so easy to knock a whole sector for the sins of part."

Rob C

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up