Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 Slideshow Question  (Read 1466 times)

HDProman

Lightroom 4 Slideshow Question
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »

I need a little help understanding Lightroom 4's slideshow module.

I have put together a test slideshow and saved it as a video. Lightroom uses the .mp4 format.

The .mp4 file plays on my computer without any issues using Windows Media Player, Quick Time or VLC player.

My first test disk was a standard CD and this played badly on our Playstation 3. My next burn was to a DVD -r and then the Playstation 3 could play the slideshow just fine.

I have two standard DVD players in my home and neither one can even read the DVD-r disk.

I used the 1080p setting, however additional burns using a lower resolution setting played on the computer and Playstation but not on standard DVD disk players.

Am I needing to save my .mp4 file to another format or should I be using a different DVD like maybe a DVD+r?

Can I burn a disk that will play on a computer, standard DVD player and Blue Ray?

Thanks for any help...Floyd

One Frame at a Time

Re: Lightroom 4 Slideshow Question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

Hi,  I am not an expert on this, but a plain old DVD player is only capable of 480i output.  Also, some newer ones may read computer format code but original DVD has a two folder structure.  One for sound and the other for video I think. 
To get your mp4 into DVD compatible form, you need to open it in a video editor like Primere Elements and the render it to DVD.  That will burn the disk in the correct file structure.  Or you could buy a blu-ray player.  That should play the mp4 as is.  Other alternative is to see if your set can accept an SD card directly.  That should recognize the mp4.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up