Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Flash, Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS 5  (Read 1325 times)

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Adobe Flash, Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS 5
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:11 am »

I have been adding images to my Flickr account this morning with no problem up until a bit ago.  Suddenly, Lightroom informed me that it could not connect to Flickr.  It turns out that Lightroom could not connect to the internet at all.  It could not check for updates.  I opened CS5...same thing.  It could not check for updates either.  This problem occured in the middle of using Lightroom 4 to upload images.  A quick search on the internet suggested that a reinstall of Adobe Flash would solve the problem.  Hmmm.....I visited the Adobe Flash page and it indicated that Adobe flash was working properly.  Ok...I downloaded and reinstalled Adobe Flash and my problems were solved.  Everything is back working.  Strange!

I posted this in case someone else ever has the problem with Adobe products not connecting to the internet for updates etc.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Adobe Flash, Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS 5
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »

Honestly, more than likely, it was your ISP. Almost daily, I seem to lose my DSL connection and am usually forced to disconnect the modem from the wall, wait 30-seconds, then reconnect and wait another 30-60 seconds. Pain the butt, but that's CenturyLink for you. If multiple programs can't connect, look at your connection. Make sure you can still load web pages, collect email, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up