Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turtle Island, Fiji  (Read 1631 times)

Andres Bonilla

Turtle Island, Fiji
« on: June 09, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »

A few shots of my recent trip to this beautiful island, I am debating about using some kind of denoise software on the night shots, maybe isisng iot selectively. Any ideas, suggestions, critiques?

Andres Bonilla

Re: Turtle Island, Fiji
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:54:09 pm »

Two more.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:42:10 am »

Andres, thanks for posting these images. I just feel that there needs to be a far stronger graphical element to the aerial shots. To be honest , for me they aren't very compelling; and because the island is so beautiful it may be difficult to detach yourself from your memory, and look at the images objectively at what is on the screen. Perhaps looking at either shape, pattern and/or colour may be elements to focus your attention on when creating or culling your aerial images.

Julie

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:56:01 am »

Thanks Julie! I have never taken an aerial image before it was more challenging than I thought; the window of the 6 passenger plane had a funny shape. I was wondering what I could have done different, zoom in or compose out of the corals and little islands, what is need it to make them more compelling. I know that the photos could never compete with the beauty of the place but I was trying to get as much of the local as I could, I do have a few close ups of the corals but I did not feel they grabbed the intensity of the colors. I would love your input and approach on the aerials.

jule

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:57:00 am »

Ok... De Arriba 2 - the bottom 2 curved areas are chopped off and there isn't abalance in the image. If there are extensions to the land like this..try to include it all.

De Arriba 3 - a more clearly defined pattern would be better. This pattern here doesn't quite make the impact it could. The dark area in to top left distracts from the focus of the patterning.

de arriba 4- I would endeavour to make the long land directly central, so it makes a statement.

Fiji aerial - I love the balance between the curve of the land and sea, but the smaller islands on the perimeter at the top and left are cut off and for me don't work. I think working the shot wider to crop around the islands in their entirety, and extra land on the lower section using the lovely curve as it is there now to balance the image.

Just some thoughts.
Julie 

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the images Julie! I am going back to the other images to look at them with a different perspective.

jule

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:00:54 pm »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the images Julie! I am going back to the other images to look at them with a different perspective.

You are most welcome Andres... but always... they are just my own personal opinion. :)

Julie
Pages: [1]   Go Up