Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recomendation for Filters and Holder for 95mm barrel size hasseblad lenses  (Read 2830 times)

ScubaZ

I'm looking for recommendations mainly for ND filters to use with Hasselbald HC lenses with a 95mm thread.  I would like to get something that can stack a couple filters so I could maybe get a 1 stop and a 2 stop ND filter and then stack them for 3 stops or the like; or would like to know if that is strongly discouraged.  I would have bought the singh-ray vari filer, but doesn't appear to come in that large a size.

Looking for opinions/suggestions on (1) what size to get, 4x4 or 4x6, (2) brand of filters and whether difference between resin and glass is worth the money (would assume you get what you pay for), and (3) recommended brand/model of holder.

Thanks,
Mike

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com

Hello Mike,

I use Lee Filters 100mm push on Foundation Fit (FK100) for 95mm lenses.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz

ScubaZ

Thanks for the info.

Are you by chance using those on hasselblad lenses?  I measured the lens and the outside diameter is 100mm so should fit, but am curious if it fits over the small tabs for the lens hood.  Hard to tell how thick the lens holder is where it clamps to the outside of the barrel.

Pingang

Hello Mike,

I use Lee Filters 100mm push on Foundation Fit (FK100) for 95mm lenses.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz

+1

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Why not use a 95mm ND filter?  If I read correctly, your lens is threaded to 95mm?  You should be able to stack at least 2
on the front.  Tiffen, Heiliopan, Format all make 95mm ND up to 2.4 as I remember. 

The cost the Lee soluton is going to be about the same and the screw on filter is much more convenient unless you are looking
more for a graduated style ND.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ScubaZ

Why not use a 95mm ND filter? 

I thought about that which certainly is more convenient, but wanted the option for a graduated filter as well.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Format makes a series of Grads in the 95mm size, they are a bit on pricy side, but it seems that most filters in the
95mm size tend to get pricey.

Here is link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=format+95mm+ND+grad&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com

Yes.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com
www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

Thanks for the info.

Are you by chance using those on hasselblad lenses?  I measured the lens and the outside diameter is 100mm so should fit, but am curious if it fits over the small tabs for the lens hood.  Hard to tell how thick the lens holder is where it clamps to the outside of the barrel.

ScubaZ

Cool.  Thanks for the photo.  That helps a lot;  think I will go that route for the holder.

Do you also use lee filters?  Looking around B&H there aren't that many 4x4 or 4x6 grad filters in stock.  I've never used rectangular filters - on a grad filter, can you see the edge of the filter in the photo if you positioned it such that the bottom/clear part of the filter cut accross part of the frame?  Was curious how much flexibility you have in vertical positioning of the filter depending on your composition and what you want dark vs. light.

Pages: [1]   Go Up