Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few from Central Oregon  (Read 1520 times)

RomanJohnston

A few from Central Oregon
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:23:53 am »

Was down in the Painted Hills area, as well as Tumilo Falls. Have never been to either, so kind of a scouting trip.

I'm sure you can figure out which is which.    ;D

Roman

Peter Stacey

Re: A few from Central Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:31:00 am »

Very nice sharpness and detail. That 12-24 f4 is really nice (and obviously the 24-70 also).

Of the 4 images, I like the 3rd the most (though all are nice). It would be good if that dead bush in the foreground was a little less dead, but you can't have everything. It's a nice image regardless.

[img width=80 height=11]http://peterstac

Kerry L

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:57:48 am »

Nice images.

I like how the clouds in # 1 purposely silhouetted the hill top. The lines of shadow / light flow well with the hills #2.

For me personally, the ribbon of white in the falls in #3 doesn't have enough texture in the water that matches the rest of the image. I wonder if a faster shutter speed might have taken this from nice to great.

All in all, well done.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:55 am »

Some very nice work there.  Thanks for sharing them!  I agree about the waterfall - a slightly faster shutter speed would give more definition to the water - I think there's too much 'contrast' between the smoothness of the water and the sharpness of the rest of the scene in this case.  My $0.02!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 10:48:39 am »

#4 is a winner. Composition, color, subject are all very nice. The others are well done also, but to my eyes they don't have the impact of #4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up