Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coastal Sunset  (Read 2120 times)

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Coastal Sunset
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:10 am »

The lowest tide of the year, the transit of Venus, a nice sunset, and the first pix from the D3200

Link to larger image.

Link to larger image.

Thanks for havin' a look!

francois

Re: Coastal Sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:35 am »

I like the soft colors, the sky/clouds and the wide panorama aspect. It gives plenty of room to have a large portion of ocean and also a small but noticeable human presence. It sets the mood and it's wonderful.

Well done!
Francois

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »

The soft pastels of the second image are especially alluring.
This image draws one into the atmosphere of the place itself - one can almost smell the salty air.

Regards

Tony Jay

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

Nicely done indeed.  I prefer the processing of the top version, but I can see how the 2nd would appeal.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

MTGFender

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 11:08:21 pm »

Color and lighting are just amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Kerry L

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:20:51 am »

Well done, Justan. Sitting here on a very raining Saturday morning with a coffee and I am transported to an evening walk on the beach.

Nice how you've captured the very subtle lighting of the wispy clouds in the sky.

Thanks for these.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:10:25 am »

Thanks very much for the kind words! Any comments on impact for having a lone person verses a couple, or does it make a difference?

There was minimal processing on these, beyond cleaning up the surf due to the 11 frames that were used to create the images.

The first prints are amazingly good. There are hundreds of birds on the prints that don’t resolve due to the scale above. They add a lot to the images.

Tony Jay

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:30:38 pm »

Justan the figures on the beach are great.
The second image is immeasurably enhanced by that lone figure.

I wish we could see your prints because as you allude to the JPEG is not going to do justice to what you have captured.

Regards

Tony Jay

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 09:11:37 am »

Thank you Tony!

There is a problem related to displaying panos on the web in general. Panos tend to hold a lot of detail that gets lost when reduced to a tiny fraction of the original. According to Photoshop, the native size of these images is roughly 25” x 66” (15959 x 6009 pixels). But even my study prints, which are about 10” x 22” show details lost in the images above.

After looking at these for a few days, both images have about equal merit. The first one gets points due to the sun. The 2nd one gets points due to the comparatively extra reflections and colors in the mid-ground.

The coast has an overwhelming amount of atmosphere and expansive vistas which is perfect for panos. It explains why many of my favorite works from the last couple of years were captured along the coast. Well, that and the part where I would love to move to the area...
Pages: [1]   Go Up