Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another one from Ord (plus one more)  (Read 5137 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Another one from Ord (plus one more)
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »

I don't know, Jeremy, but I do find that I often sign myself twice too. Must be the briefest tautological case possible.

;-(

Rob C
So good, they named me twice.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 04:10:54 pm »

Come on, Slobodan; just because you have nice teeth (non-standard Brit issue)...

You mean like in this:
 ;D ;D ;D

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 05:14:48 pm »

snip.... I hated it; I hired a car, drove away from the place and wondered at the scenery, the food, the people, the language, the culture...snip
Jeremy

Precisely what I found ( more often than not) with the tourists to my part of "deepest darkest Africa."

Having worked in a popular game reserve that was used as one of the stop over points in the whirlwind tour of my world, I have met and become friendly with a few of the unfortunate passengers on the bus/ truck that is kitted out with safari- man I hate that word- tents, high lift jacks, jerry cans..some even have zebra striped paint jobs.

Many of them came back, hired a car and did the same route but spent more time to try and understand the things you are describing.

As an example, I bumped into a couple in a hired car in the campsite where I met them a year or so previously. I showed them how to pitch their tent, helped them build a fire and spent the evening sharing the sounds and smells of the bush. I was told they experienced more in one night than they did in two weeks on their previous visit. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up