Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want UV daylight bulb for my Epson Hot Press prints  (Read 698 times)

texshooter

I want UV daylight bulb for my Epson Hot Press prints
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »

i love the look that epson hot press bright matt prints have when viewed under bright window light, but hate them under indoor lighting. i read that UV light causes the OBA's in the paper to glow, which probably explains the paper's brilliance in natural light as well as its dullnes under artificial light. so i am looking for gallery type bulbs (for displaying, not proofing)  that are daylight balanced that also emit UV rays. any suggestions?

Ernst Dinkla

Re: I want UV daylight bulb for my Epson Hot Press prints
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:04:06 am »

The Solux 5000K 35 watt had UV output. Could be that they have a UV-Cut version these days so you have to pay attention to that aspect. Next thing is framing glass that should not cut UV if you do not display your prints without glass.

www.solux.net/ies_files/SoLux%205000K%2035W%20Specs.pdf

You are of course aware that full spectrum light including UV and the print's bare display increases fading compared to other solutions. The OBA dyes in the paper will degrade faster too due to UV light and exposure to oxygen.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

340+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
update april 2012: Harman by Hahnemühle, Innova IFA45 and more

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: I want UV daylight bulb for my Epson Hot Press prints
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:05:36 am »

It's also likely that UV will increase the fading of other colors in the print as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up