Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Web Portfolio Template?  (Read 25240 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: Best Web Portfolio Template?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »

I think liveBooks or some of the other Flash providers are fine for portfolio presentation.  My business model consists of photographic print sales, stock image licensing, workshops and tours, e-books/iPhone apps, and assignments.  The liveBooks site just isn't built for this kind of business whereas the Photoshelter/Wordpress sites can easily handle all these different aspects.

I would just add you can accomplish a lot with Live-books other than portfolio presentation - but it does involve customisation and costs over and above the standard templates. I worked with live-books to custom develop a workshop and expedition layout for the trips I lead that works for me. Of course, with this sort of thing its highly personal and comes down to what you need and want. As always YMMV.

www.photographyexpeditions.com
I have been with Live-books for a long time now and always found them helpful (sometimes a little slow, but always produce great results).
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Martin Ranger

• My Website.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 12:07:18 am »

I have been extremely happy with APhotoFolio. Before committing to them I made use of the free trials most companies offer, which I would highly recommend as you can check out their designs, features and backend that way. I liked several of them, but chose APhotoFolio because they were the only ones at the time supporting the iPad. They just introduced a Flash/HTML5 update, so they are committed to the latest technology.

Going the Wordpress route is fine, but you might end up spending more time fiddling with your website than doing your job. Photoshelter is great if you are planning on using your website to sell photos or to deliver images to your clients. It's portfolio capabilities were not great when I looked at it, but that might have changed.

Martin
Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com

SunnyUK

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:49 am »

I can't help but find it amusing to see so many photographers who believe their bespoke output is worth "real" money (as opposed to the results "amateurs" produce), yet unwilling to invest in professionally designed, developed and managed websites. By all means buy on price, but be aware it's like the ad agency buying stock from Alamy instead of comissioning you to take their photos.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:10 pm »

I don't have my new site up yet, but I use softpress freeway 5.5 pro.  They have something called showcase that makes some slick looking and very adjustable portfolios.  I make my own because it is all part of the process and I don't make enough money from photography to pay for a managed site.  Also with some effort you really can make and manage your own site and save loads of money. 

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »

Hi
We are happy with A Photo Folio. Also just checked Live Books new pricing they have three rates and all are attractive. Seems like prices have dropped...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:14:46 pm by mcfoto »
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »

haha this is always a dilemma :)

I don't think there is a "best" folio because you will like one a lot, you will use it, then some months later you will see a wonderful template ... and so on.

PPl who do templates are strong to make your mind change :)

I tend to say that more the template is minimalist, more you will keep it. And avoid flash.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:37:01 pm by Hulyss »
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up