Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4x?  (Read 6087 times)

valucolso

Hasselblad H4x?
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:49:54 am »

anyone seen one or used this?

looks like finally H4 system features, lenses and more with the option for Phase/Leaf backs?

Awesome!!

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/h4x.aspx

Josh Nataros

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs
Re: Hasselblad H4x?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:39 am »

I'm under the impression you need to be a current H1, or H2 user to be permitted to upgrade... It's good, but if they really want it to make a difference, they need to release it properly.

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »

anyone seen one or used this?

looks like finally H4 system features, lenses and more with the option for Phase/Leaf backs?

Awesome!!

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/h4x.aspx

Josh Nataros

The camera is more than six months on the market.
Works  8)
Best regards,
DF

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »

I'm under the impression you need to be a current H1, or H2 user to be permitted to upgrade... It's good, but if they really want it to make a difference, they need to release it properly.

actually all you need to do is buy a used second hand H1 or H2 on Ebay or wherever.
David Watson ARPS

JV

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:46:29 pm »

actually all you need to do is buy a used second hand H1 or H2 on Ebay or wherever.

and the H1 or H2 does not even have to work...

I use a H4X with a P30+ and it works fine.  The H4X is an excellent camera.

Initially there were some issues with IQ backs but those apparently have been sorted out and addressed through firmware updates.  It is said to be stable now.

The H4X does not work with Leaf Aptus II backs and most likely will never work with Leaf Aptus II backs:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/35978-fs-new-h4x.html

MamiyaLeaf does not list the H4X as a supported camera for the new Credo backs so I would first thoroughly test that combo before going that route...

Michael HG

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:23:24 am »

I am owner of the H4D-60 and I compared it to H4X with IQ180 and 645DF with IQ180.

Despite the fact that I got a generous offer to switch to IQ180 I stayed with my Hasselblad system.

The IQ180 is a really good back, but there are there some points I found in comparison:

* The Hasselblad's fuji lenses are much better than the zeiss lenses that were not calculated for digital, they are significantly better than Mamiya lenses and they are slightly better or dead level with Schneider-Kreuznach. With Hasselblad you have the full range from 28mm to 300mm in great quality and even 500mm (300 + 1.7 is excellent).

* 60mpx is sharp until f16 - 80mpx is sharf until f11 due to diffraction - and the difference between f11 and f16 is sometimes important for fuji and Schneider-Kreuznach lenses (it is quite difficult to build/find perfect lenses for this sensors: my 28mm Hasselblad was a selection out of 4! - but it was much, much better than the 28mm Mamiya).
This is not an advantage for Hasselblad but it shows limitation of this high sofisticated systems.

* the focal-plane shutter on the PhaseOne DF caused up to 80% bad results on long lenses (300mm Mamiya) which the Hasselblad system don't have.

* if you photograph moving objects like beauty, portrait, etc: go for the Hasselblad: it's TrueFocus corrects the camera movements after focussing!

* I think the Phocus software of Hasselblad is now ahead of c1. Why? It has all needed functions well integrated and it it much better in recovering of the shadows  - but C1 is a bit better in recovering highlights.

* If I have a problem in the interaction of parts (body - back - lenses) I could send it all to Hasselblad (btw I never had a problem with the last 2 systems H3D-50, H4D-60). Nobody will tell me the mis-operation is caused by an other manufacturer.

my 2 cent
Michael

Cineski

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:21:01 pm »

Which is a silly stupid hoop to jump through to get a new camera.  Hassy should be sent to the corner with a dunce hat on because of this marketing tactic.  It's just counter intuitive to everything.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »

a silly guess, but when companies do seemingly silly things like restrict sales of an item to previous owners like this I expect lawyers to be behind it.   My silly guess is that the lawsuit with that other digital back maker resulted in this policy.
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up