Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prints cut off with too many images (LR4 and Epson 3880)  (Read 2117 times)

dwnelson

Prints cut off with too many images (LR4 and Epson 3880)
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »

Hi all,

I'm printing out of LR4 and if I have too many images to print (e.g. a 3x3 contact sheet on an 8.5x11 paper), it will cut off images, change the position of other images, and not print others. For example, in the 3x3 contact sheet example, only one image was properly printed, but moved in its position on the sheet, three were cut off, and five never appeared. It was as if everything was shifted down and to the right about five inches.

This has happened with multiple images on a contact sheet, or when printing images over several sheets (e.g. printing ten 11x17s on five sheets of 17x22 - if I print two 11x17s on a 17x22, it's not a problem). This leads me to believe that either LR4 or the printer screw up with too much data.

Why does this happen, and why don't I get a warning before it wrecks an expensive sheet of paper?

How do I know how much data my printer can tolerate before it screws this up?

I'm using a mid-2011 iMac 27" with 16GB RAM, OS X Lion 10.7.3, and Lightroom 4.0

thanks,
Dan

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: Prints cut off with too many images (LR4 and Epson 3880)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:46 pm »

I have seen similar when I print panoramas, it has to do I believe with buffering and the interface to windows and the print driver. I stopped printing items like panoramas and large contact sheets with Lightroom and use Qimage. Sorry I do not have a solution for Lightroom, but Qimage works great on large amounts of data.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

kirmo

Re: Prints cut off with too many images (LR4 and Epson 3880)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:06:12 am »

dwnelsen has mac so I'm speaking about my experience with Mac also.

I'm also seeing some strange things happening when printing. Some settings
work and others don't. Still not sure of the reasons.

Anyhow I did some panos yesterday with no problem.
So should not be problem about the amount of data we send, unless it is
really much (I've hit also this problem when trying printing 44" and 9 meter long pano)

yesterday I did

61cm x 180cm and 61cm x 250 cm on Epson 9900 both ok.

Tomorow I'll try some longer ones.

Haven't done any contact sheets on LR 4.1 but did have some problems with
4.0 but don't remember the settings.

Kirmo

Pages: [1]   Go Up