Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matterhorn Sunset  (Read 1951 times)

MGH

Matterhorn Sunset
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:28:54 am »

Hi....This is my most popular photo on Flickr, well the old version. Two years on I´m much better with Photoshop so I thought I should re-edit it, I´m much happyer with this new version. But two years from now who knows, that´s the great thing about shooting RAW format.
 This is from two exposures manualy blended useing luminosity masks in CS5.

Thanks for looking, C&C very welcome.

Matterhorn Sunset by marcodemalaga, on Flickr

Deep

Re: Matterhorn Sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:54:19 pm »

Easy to see why it's popular!  I'd imagine you could produce several variations of this image and they'd all look good.

Don
Don

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »

Wow, Marco, that's quite the image. I've never seen the Matterhorn from that perspective before.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:34 am »

Nicely done!

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »

I've come back to look at this image several times. I think it's a wonderful shot but the clouds do make me a little uncomfortable: they seem unnaturally bright and somewhat over-saturated.

The're merely my thoughts: I'm prepared to be told (a) that I'm wrong and (b) that (as has been observed on several occasions, here and elsewhere) that over-saturated photographs sell like hot cakes.

Jeremy

MGH

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »

Hi... Thanks for your comments.
 Jeremy, I don´t know about over-saturated photographs selling like hot cakes I´v never sold a photo it´s just a hobby. Normally I don´t like over-saturated photos but this one I think it´s prity much how I remembered it, it was really an amazing sky that evening and it only got better. Here´s a raw file in ACR with default settings taken a bit later.

Mark

francois

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:02 am »

Hi... Thanks for your comments.
 Jeremy, I don´t know about over-saturated photographs selling like hot cakes I´v never sold a photo it´s just a hobby. Normally I don´t like over-saturated photos but this one I think it´s prity much how I remembered it, it was really an amazing sky that evening and it only got better. Here´s a raw file in ACR with default settings taken a bit later.

Mark

Mark,
Actually, I find this one better the the first one. With image #1, I have a problem with the yellow highlights - but it's nitpicking. I don't doubt that the sky must have been "unreal" that evening. Matterhorn is a spectacular and capricious mountain. I spent weeks there without even seeing the mountain…
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up