Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Module Problems  (Read 1686 times)

Andy_S

Book Module Problems
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:49:45 pm »

I have created a small book using the Book Module and then exported it as a JPG.  I then synced it with my iPad as a Photo Album.  The exported images are in the same sequence as the book.  But when I sync them to my iPade as a Photo Album they are out of sequence.    What do I do to make them in the same sequence?

Andy

pflower

Re: Book Module Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

I am away from my computers - travelling.  As far as I remember the iPad photo app sequences by capture time not file name.  Russell Brown has published a solution to this - google his name plus iPad and you should find it.  Again purely from memory the easiest way is to use the Publish function to your hard disk and to make sure you sequence as you want the photos before you publish.  Make sure that the settings are set to rename to a sequence and to minimise or strip out metadata.  That way you can control the sequence.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:50:48 pm »

I thought the iPad's Photos app uses the capture time for sorting, so whether you use Export or Publish makes no difference - the capture times are still in the files.

The question is about Book though, and 4.1's JPEG option (in Book Settings) should export a JPEG per page with the capture times being unrelated to the original pictures. Are you sure you aren't doing a regular FIle > Export?

Andy_S

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:08:44 am »

I  found the cause of the problem and a fix.  When I exported the book from LR4 as a JPG it numbered the images in this format aaaa n.JPG where a is alphabetic and n is numeric.  I had 15 images so they where numbered from 1 to 15.  The exported file was in the correct sequence.  When I synced it to the iPad the order in the album was 10, 11, 12, 13,14, 15 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.  When I renumber the 15 images from 10 to 25 the sync to the iPad was in the corrected sequence.  So it appears that there is a sort problem with iOS on the iPad.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up