Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ...two brave souls and a green wall...  (Read 2178 times)

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
...two brave souls and a green wall...
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:17 am »

Gavin & Jack, Voortrekker str, Pretoria..

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: ...two brave souls and a green wall...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:09:00 pm »

This is why I tell kids just starting out that if they want to become wealthy early on, become a dermatologist and learn how to remove tattoos. There's a huge market on the horizon as kids like these two start to grow up.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:22 pm »

You've got me thinking, Russ. I had my website logo printed onto an old denim jacket I have; it worked very well and so I took a second, similar jacket to the same place to have it done, too. Unfortunately, they screwed up and the stars are out of allignment with the line of copy and the whole is on a tilt across the shoulder blades...

Despite the printers' best efforts and my own, neither of us could source an old piece of denim of the same faded colour to print onto and then sew over the ruined section of the jacket. I asked about chemicals to remove it, but apparently they don't exist or would melt the jacket.

I wonder if a derma - no, probably not.

;-(

Rob C

Tony Jay

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:00:46 pm »

A haunting image really.

Echoes of an unfortunate past and an uncertain future.

Regards

Tony Jay

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »

Looks pretty normal to me.  I think you guys live in sheltered/conservative areas lol :)

amolitor

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:58:54 pm »

I am fascinated by the fact that, to my eye, the guy on the left looks a little scared and nervous, while the guy on the right looks confident and a little arrogant. And yet, they have almost exactly the same postures and expressions.

The backdrop is an interesting choice, definitely a bit different than the urban-gritty you'd expect for a couple boys like this.

What's up with the guy's hair, on the left, where it thins against the backdrop? Is that just compression artifacts, or is the lighting doing something weird there? Or is this 'shopped in some fashion that I am not quite understanding?

I like this, basically. It's interesting.

Mjollnir

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 04:52:26 pm »

Uh....yeah.

What, precisely, is brave about this?

Tony Jay

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 06:21:30 pm »

Looks pretty normal to me.  I think you guys live in sheltered/conservative areas lol :)

Ever been to South Africa?
It is probable that these two guys will not make the age of 30 given their choice of lifestyle.
The Darwinian selection process there is pretty brutal.
Nuff said.

Regards

Tony Jay

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:13 am »

These two guys own a tattoo shop (or is it parlour?)  They were extremely friendly and invited me in and removed their shirts without me asking.....'brave souls' because its wintertime here, because they open themselves up for  merciless and often uninformed and unkind public scrutiny on theweb and because this is a fairly conservative part of town, brave because they started their own business during these trying times.... Darwinian?  As we always say over here.....Africa is not for sissies....lighting was fluorescent, I filtered it out but shadows are green.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up