Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ..BLUE is the colour...  (Read 2402 times)

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
..BLUE is the colour...
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:15:03 am »

..I saw this morning with my ZD and shift(y) lens...more of my local b&w images here at...http://www.ivanmuller.co.za/gallery/results/taxonomy%3A1?page=5

Rob C

Re: ..BLUE is the colour...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »

Really like that, and I think the moving vehicle on the left makes it three-dimensionally better still. I'm very fond of blue in pictures, more so than of red, but that's possibly conditioned by my HP printer that doesn't do good reds.

There are some villages around the word that are predominantly painted in blue... never got to any of them, but would have liked to have shot in them. White gets so boring, and local unpainted breeze-block sides to old, new or part-constructions are the pits, even worse in the rain.

Why aren't we all millionaires and able to finish what we start?

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45:41 pm »

For me the gift of the blue is further enhanced by the texture of the masonry which is echoed in the hand bills posted on the metal box.

Well seen and well captured.

Regards,

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:59:48 am »

Thanks Rob, Walter! The funny thing is that this was a very busy road, traffic wise, and I tried to get a shot inbetween the cars as they sped by....in the end it was my failure to get a 'clear' shot that worked best. Now who says that a big heavy slow camera on a tripod  in a 'street' situation can work...? I must go back there when the tree has lost all its leaves...

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:31 am »

Ivan, is this building also a Pretoria special or did you shoot it somewhere else?

Regards

Tony Jay

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:46 pm »

Hi Tony, yes its in Pretoria....the same str as the tattoo guys...
Pages: [1]   Go Up