Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon D800  (Read 3931 times)

Miles

FS: Nikon D800
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

Barely used Nikon D800 with under 1400 exposures on the body.  Bought on Ebay for a project I had to do last week as I was still waiting for the unit I had preordered on February 7.  Unit is like new and includes everything that came with it in the box including warranty card and original sales receipt.  I would like $3,395 for the unit plus insured shipping (I paid more than this, thus I am not profiting on this deal).  If you need a D800 in a hurry, this one is available and like new.  One more thing, the dynamic range and resolution on this camera is as good as they say it is!

BobDavid

Re: FS: Nikon D800
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »

Scalping cameras on this board is distasteful. Sell the thing for MSRP or less. Nitwit.

Miles

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:39:36 pm »

Having a bad day Bob?  It always amazes me how rude people can be on the internet.  I doubt if you would be man enough to call me names to my face.

subrata1965

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:21:24 am »

"For Sale" in LuLa is not black market.

You should be able to sell it on eBay or craigslist.

Subrata
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:43:22 am by subrata1965 »

D Semick

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 10:19:29 pm »

Dealers have pretty much worked through their back orders and Nikon has been making weekly deliveries.

No need to pay more than MSRP.

Denny
Denny Semick
Dodd Camera - Professional Imaging Division
Phase One |  Leaf  | Sinar  | Hasselblad | ALPA
dsemick@doddcamera.com  p.216-361-6805
http://www.doddpro.com

jeremypayne

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:25:53 am »

It always amazes me how rude people can be on the internet.  I doubt if you would be man enough to call me names to my face.

Let's see ...

First, you try to profiteer off the community and then you make a veiled physical threat.

It is just amazing how rude people can be on the internet.

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

Let's see ...

First, you try to profiteer off the community and then you make a veiled physical threat.

It is just amazing how rude people can be on the internet.

Yes indeed. Trolls will always be trolls it seems. If only this person took the time to read some of the posts in this forum, they would realize we are a rather well educated bunch that won't fall for such trickery.

Miles

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

You guys crack me up!

I offered a camera for sale and said in my original posting that I wasn't making any money on it.  No one seems to have noticed that!  I bought the camera on Ebay, paid more than what I am trying to sell it for, and just want to recoup some of my cost.  And for doing that you guys have labeled me a:

Nitwit
Profiteer
Scalper

I have also been accused of using LULU for:

Black Market Sales
veiled physical threats

Wow, I am one BAD DUDE!

Subrata - I am taking your advise.  The camera is no longer for sale here.  Not For Sale.  I will resell on Ebay, where black market (whatever that is) sales are acceptable.  

Denny - Thanks for the info.  While many have found camera's, many have not.  The D800 is still selling for a premium on Ebay, for whatever reason that is.  I have tracked the prices for some time.  Ebay also has a graph of price trends that can be viewed.  I don't make the market, it is what it is.  It is good that the market has settled in your area though.

Jeremy - I am a profiteer?  Did you read my original posting?  Not everyone got a camera at $2,995 you know.  I didn't.  I paid more than I am asking.  What is wrong with me trying to sell a camera and not lose my shirt on it?  On your second comment, I expect people to  interact as they would in person.  I think Bob would have been more cordial and respectful in a face to face situation.  Maybe not, I don't know Bob.  But if he goes around calling people names every time he sees something he doesn't like, he must find himself in a lot of tense situations.  While you didn't like my response, I feel I showed restraint.  I have always respected your comments on this site and hope to continue in that fashion.  I do appreciate you quoting me, however, despite your negative intent.  Perhaps I should go back to the Sticks and Stones saying and ignore the Bobs of the world.  Of course, I don't know if he is a friend of yours.

Jonathan - Right on.  lol.

I would like to note that there was another D800 posted for sale after I posted mine, and it was for more than retail.  If I remember correctly, he said he purchased it at Best Buy for $2,995.  Why wasn't everyone all over him?  Or did he remove the thread due to the pressure?  And then there is the used one with over 5,000 clicks that actually sold for $2,995.  OMG, the community must be in an uproar!  A used camera being sold at full retail price!

OK.  All I was trying to do was sell a camera.  No more, no less.  I wasn't trying to insult anybody.  I wasn't trying to screw anybody.  I wasn't lurking in the dark in a trench coat with several watches for sale.  I just wanted to sell a camera.  If you didn't like the deal, you didn't need to respond.  As far as I am concerned, this is over.

Now, anyone want to buy a Rolex?  JUST KIDDING!  geez.

BobDavid

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:56 am »

Miles, calm down. Remember cars and cameras depreciate once you've driven them off of the lot. I did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Put your Nikon up on eBay. I hope you get what you want for it. If you were able to sell any of the photos you took with it, more power to you. This board has evolved over the years. Most of the people that visit it realize that there are rules of etiquette regarding buying and selling equipment on it. Now you know. I apologize for calling you a nitwit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up