Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using the Square Card Reader  (Read 1845 times)

Michael H. Cothran

Using the Square Card Reader
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:53 am »

I've just acquired the Square, purchased an iPad, and downloaded apps for both the Square Card Reader and Square Register. I've added 13 items to the Item Library in Register, with lots more to come. According to Square FAQ, all that I enter into the Register's Item Library should transfer over to the Square Card Reader. They do, mostly. Of the 13 items I currently have, all descriptions and prices transfer over, but only 6 have images attached. The other 7 have a black square with the number "13" in it. Square's help line has not yet responded, so I thought someone here might have a clue.
All images are coming from the same location - the iPad's Photo app. Why some and not the others?

Brad Barr

• Brads Wedding Website
Re: Using the Square Card Reader
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »

no idea, but I'd check a couple basics first
ie colorspace
cmyk vs rgb
are they all the same format?  ie jpegs, pdfs, gifs etc etc
are the file sizes too large on the ones that dont display?

fwiw, i use square, but only for amex.  I use another iphone/pad app to do the bulk of my cc needs as its less costly.  About 10kyr is where the better % rate starts beating the no fee deal of square.
Brad
www.bciphoto.com
www.bci-sports.com
www.sportsshooter.com/photobrad

D3s, D3, D300, Nikon: 14-24 2.8, 24-120 f4VR 70-200VRII, 300 2.8, 400 2.8VR; 1.7-TC2, Siggy 50 & 85 1.4's + Spiderholster, D300 IR just for grins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up