Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: carnation  (Read 1386 times)

amolitor

carnation
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:44 am »

I don't think I've posted this thing before..

shutterpup

Re: carnation
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:11:47 pm »

Reminds me of a similar one of my own that I didn't care for after the fact either. Looks oversharpened.

amolitor

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:42:06 am »

Interesting, what are you seeing that reads as over sharpened? I honestly cannot remember how far I jammed that slider over.

shutterpup

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:48 am »

Interesting, what are you seeing that reads as over sharpened? I honestly cannot remember how far I jammed that slider over.

The part of the head of the carnation that is in light. Looks like maybe you thought it was too soft for the dark background and overdefined the edges?

amolitor

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

I didn't do any selective sharpening, that's for sure. I don't see notice any of the artifacts that one would expect from overcooking it, but maybe I am looking for the wrong thing?

Maybe I just got it really really in focus! Carnations are pretty busy along the edges of the petals.

shutterpup

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:08:19 pm »

I didn't do any selective sharpening, that's for sure. I don't see notice any of the artifacts that one would expect from overcooking it, but maybe I am looking for the wrong thing?

Maybe I just got it really really in focus! Carnations are pretty busy along the edges of the petals.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up