Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will a new printer? Canon, Epson  (Read 4695 times)

budik

When will a new printer? Canon, Epson
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:29 am »

Does anyone have information or Canon or Epson are planning a new model for the Epson Stylus Pro 11880 or Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9100, iPF8300 imagePROGRAF? And what would be better?
Thank Budik

Ernst Dinkla

Re: When will a new printer? Canon, Epson
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:01:56 am »

When a printer with 15 inks including white becomes available that not only will cut the paper at all sides but also laminates the print on mounting board + put it in a frame + replaces heads and carts automatically when needed, then I think you get the best printer possible at the time and the brand does not matter then.
The people that know can not write and the ones without an NDA can only speculate. Photokina in September 2012 should tell.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:17:30 am »

When a printer with 15 inks including white becomes available that not only will cut the paper at all sides but also laminates the print on mounting board + put it in a frame + replaces heads and carts automatically when needed, then I think you get the best printer possible at the time and the brand does not matter then.

It should not only cut at all sides, but also into smaller formats - and an in-line de-curler would also be a nice (heated roll laminator?). I also wouldn't mind if it could take care of passe-partout, print on DVDs, crease paper... and so on ;)
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38:47 am »

It should not only cut at all sides, but also into smaller formats - and an in-line de-curler would also be a nice (heated roll laminator?). I also wouldn't mind if it could take care of passe-partout, print on DVDs, crease paper... and so on ;)
I would also like it to have an optional cappuccino maker as well so that one can have a delightful drink while waiting for the print job to finish.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:16 am »

I'd settle for auto-awesome, so I can just plug my camera in and press print. Who wants to spend time in Lightroom!? Ideally auto-awesome would also automatically select the right paper for the image, and load the paper for me too!

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:30:01 pm »

The people that know can not write and the ones without an NDA can only speculate. Photokina in September 2012 should tell.

Yep, and yep, if not a tad sooner.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Clearair

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 01:26:43 pm »

I want new printers to sell the output for me.

Johnny_Boy

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:51 pm »

replacement for ipf6300/6350 will come sometime this year. However ipf8300 will not have a replacement for it.

My understanding is that the new ipf6300/6350 will be minor upgrade with same ink set, but will have an ability to add a built-in color profiler (like HP printer?) at an extra cost. 

Clearair

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 05:08:22 pm »

Yawn

Canon must feel it's worth it but I get custom profiles from my suppliers of media from patches I print myself for free as a value add custom sooooo

My suppliers are best placed to get up to date equipment and software solutions for this and to GET their equipment recalibrated, something I bet most don't understand about their onboard sensors.

By the way has anyone else had such a bitch with the Adobe patch software for printing without colour management that they binned it as well?

The Canon plugin for PS works great but again,
 they spoil it by not making it compatable with the latest DPP.
Thats plugin for CS5.1 & DPP 3.11.26.

I was cheerfully told that it works in CS3.

kuau

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:16:25 pm »

I hope you are wrong about the new specs for the 6300/6350
Yes a built in spectro would be nice but I hope they use the new ink set in there new 13" desktop printer with the extra black.

replacement for ipf6300/6350 will come sometime this year. However ipf8300 will not have a replacement for it.

My understanding is that the new ipf6300/6350 will be minor upgrade with same ink set, but will have an ability to add a built-in color profiler (like HP printer?) at an extra cost. 

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 05:52:09 pm »

The IPF6300/6350 have been out for about a year or less now.  6300 is a 12 ink system as well as the 6350, but the 50 version has the HDD.

The IPF8300 is such a big hit printer that Canon might not be coming out with a newer model in place of it for sometime.

They don't include the Spectro, but it's optional.  Epson's newest printers are the 7890/9890 and the 7900/9900.  Also, they came out with a new Eco-Solvent printer; S30 which is a 4 ink system and better quality as well as speed vs the GS6000.
Pages: [1]   Go Up