I have a requirement for a 24" large format printer, mainly for my clients as well as other wedding photographers who like my output. I would consider my volume to be low to med with weeks where nothing is printed, then lots of printing. I have no need for a rip.
What I know so far and please correct me if I am wrong.
1) Epson has 1 head, requires technician to change when the time comes, costs unknown - Canon has 2 heads, user replaceable at $450.00 each.
2) Epson heads clog and they are noted for this, Canon remaps to another nozzle but because they use heat they wear out faster.
3) Epson has no web portal for cost management any longer - Canon has windows software that runs locally.
4) Epson build quality is better as they use more metal. - Canon uses plastic covers etc.
5) Epson has better black detail and skin tones - Canon has better saturated color?
6) Epson uses 70 watts of power when operating. - Canon uses 200 watts.
7) Epson 7900 is a big brute in size. - Canon IPF6300 is much smaller
Epson has 3 sizes of ink not that I could afford the largest. - Canon has only 1 size.
9) Epson 7900 $3075 CDN - Canon IPF6300 $4000
10) Epson is the de-facto standard for printing professionals. - Canon not so much.
Is Canon worth a $1000 more?
This is what I dug up, whether these are true I really don't know. Can anyone provide some advice. Rebates are included until May 31 on the Epson.