Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Printhead Warranty Status says "See warranty note"  (Read 2009 times)

Mary K

Last week I installed 5 new print heads in my 44" Z3100 printer, and now when I look at the print head warranty status it says:  see warranty note.

I looked in the operator manual, and it indicates that this message means that I am using non-HP inks in the printer.  In another place the manual states that the ink levels cannot be reported if non-HP inks are installed in the printer.  My printer reports ink levels for all of the cartridges, which indicates to me that the inks are HP inks.  Also, a print head that I installed a couple of months ago reports as "in warranty", and it seems to me that if I'm using non-HP inks that that cartridge should also say "see warranty note".

Has anyone had this issue come up?  Are there a lot of faked HP inks out there?  What should I do, if anything?

The printer seems to be working fine otherwise.

Thanks,
Mary   
Mary Konchar

gfsymon

Re: HP Z3100 Printhead Warranty Status says "See warranty note"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »

I posted an identical message to this on HP's own board about 2 weeks ago.  I didn't get a reply.

I have the exact same issue.  I installed a new MK/R head (I'm guessing you did too?) and I have the same message as you.  The MK is still the original cartridge (I never print MK) and the Red was supplied by the HP dealer that I was put in touch with via HP France's LFP sales manager ... so I'll be seriously peeved if it turns out to be a fake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up