Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need recommendation for a RIP or better profiling software for Epson 9890  (Read 7376 times)

badbluesman

I have the latest version of Xrite's i1 Profiler, but it lacks two features that I need:

1) The ability to establish an ink limit before profiling

2) The ability to eliminate one or more ink colors from a profile.

I could also benefit from a RIP with productivity features, such as a hot folder, saved jobs and print settings, drag-an-drop layouts with resizing on the fly, etc.

I am working on Mac OSX Lion.

I know there are a plethora of RIPs out there.  I know that Studio Print can do everything I need, but it is only available for Windows (those obstinate Swiss!).  I don't want to add a PC or install a WIN emulator and deal with partition issues.  Any suggestions?

aaronchan

I think ImagePrint can do everything for you in this case

badbluesman

Does Image Print have the ability to set an ink limit?

SpiritShooter

I use Imageprint 9 on both my 7900 and 9900 and it can do what you ask.
For me, it is the best solution offered. Their profiles are as good and I have seen.

yannb

Hello,

See my answers here

1) The ability to establish an ink limit before profiling

You can try EFI Fiery XF Essential. See http://w3.efi.com/~/media/Files/EFI/COM/Marketing%20Materials/documents/products/prepress/proofing/XF4-5/FieryXF45FeatureChartD1771110FieryXFFeaturesChartA4UK.pdf
If you specify an 'Epson only edition', it's about 999 euro without tax. Free 30 day full licensed keys are available for testing.

Caldera is an option too. It runs in the X11 environment on your mac, see www.caldera.com. You can download the software and get a demo key too.

2) The ability to eliminate one or more ink colors from a profile.

Not sure about this one. Please clarify.

Regards,
Yann

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com

At least as of right now, ImagePrint doesn't even support the 9890, so for the time being it appears to be a moot point for the original poster.

Question for Badbluesman: What media are you using and what the deficiencies you are seeing with your current tools? I'm also pretty certain that ImagePrint does not allow you direct control over ink limits the way that ColorBurst does. IP is more of a black box RGB driver like the Epson drivers, but with more thorough and possibly better preset ink limits for different media.
Pages: [1]   Go Up