Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bokeh from Phase One Schneider Lenses?  (Read 13725 times)

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Bokeh from Phase One Schneider Lenses?
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

There's something about this image that absolutely freaks me out.

Actually, good catch. This picture seems to have post-processing blur applied. Making any judgements about OOF rendering moot...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

FredBGG

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:51 pm »

No blur added in post.

Look here for other shots by the same guy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/-451/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:07:23 pm by FredBGG »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:55 am »

Not to hijack this thread, but with reference to my post above, you can see differences in bokeh on the same camera with the same lens at the same aperture with the only difference being the strength of the backlight. It makes the lens look like two different ones.

In both shots, the camera was a D700, the lens a manual 2.8/135 Nikkor, hand-held, with the ISO at 400. Lens was wide open at f2.8 in both shots.

Rob C

Probably also the subject being closer to the camera and possibly further away from the background helped with the second shot shown.
Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 11:43:49 am »

One question that's come up before is how much of the Schneider look the phase mamiya lenses with that label really have.   My understanding is that Schneider were brought in to consult on the design, but did not do the design themselves nor manufacturer these lenses.   I wish I had made some comparison tests wide open when I had both the phase DF body and my AFi-ii 12 so I could post them here to illustrate, but the look wide open is not the same between the schneider phase and the schneider rollei  (regardless of how much involvement schneider had in the lenses for the DF body).

Fred, have you ever used the Schneider Rollei  MF fast lenses such as the 50/2.8, 80/2, 180/2.8 ?      I think you'd like these lenses a LOT! And another MF lens for HB and Rollei that you might like is the zeiss 110/2.... 
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up