armand

• Photos
Flowers
« on: May 25, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

Flowers - different takes

Riaan van Wyk

Re: Flowers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »

Number one I would prefer to be in colour, the composition seems to need it to work for me.

Number two is about the interaction of the ants with the plant in my view, therefore I feel that you need to capture that- the flower with ants should fill the frame, the rest as captured here detracts from the concept.

Number three doesn't say anything to me, just flowers positioned at various parts in the frame.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:14:03 pm »

On 1 - I definitely prefer it in BW, it's more about shapes and the combination of dark edges with bright droplets. I will post later a color version but it's more bread and butter.
On 2 - I thought the same, but when I try a tighter crop it just doesn't feel right; maybe I should try more ...
On 3 - I like to colors and the bright bugs all around them; position is not entirely by chance, I did make an effort to have the 4 flowers in those positions.

shutterpup

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

I like #1 best exactly for the reasons you state.
I don't know how to "fix" #2, but I do like the ants.
#3 reminds me of a photo I took where I took foliage to almost black and neon flowers. I didn't like mine, and I don't care for your version either, that much.

I told you that I think we're related ;)

popnfresh

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 08:22:44 am »

#1 is my favorite and I think it has nice graphic impact in B&W. The only thing I'm not sure of is the crop at the top. I would rather have seen the rest of the petals.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:25:38 am by popnfresh »
Pages: [1]   Go Up