Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know what Hasselblad is up to?  (Read 15664 times)

design_freak

Re: Does anyone know what Hasselblad is up to?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 04:35:25 pm »

I will be there :)
The new color or limited edition does not convince me. Expect something groundbreaking  8)
Best regards,
DF

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:58:32 pm »

As always here on LL another Hasselblad thread populated with nonsense posts about Hasselblad not selling any cameras, losing money and so on.

To answer the OP's question in one word:

Photokina

Nick-T

Well said Nick
David Watson ARPS

nad54

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

Nick

I am not anti Hasselblad cameras. Far from it. It is just so frustrating that there are no positive messages coming from Hasselblad about the future of their MF platform. Even a statement that they are fully committed to it would be welcome. Phase are offering incredible deals to lure people to cross-grade.

What really pisses me off is the appalling job they are doing on the marketing front. They take whole page adverts in photography magazines trying to sell expensive camera systems with 'slick' marketing whereas Phase quietly won over most of the blogs!

Hasselblad cameras and service department fantastic. Marketing rubbish!

Nick-T

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 06:21:29 pm »

whereas Phase quietly won over most of the blogs!

I couldn't agree more!
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

Certainly Hasseblad appears to have an enviable marketing budget...  whether it is efficient or not is hard to say.   I think they have done a good job of creating and nurturing a brand name that is seen as quality but has it transferred into selling?

Rolleiflex USA

David Schneider

• Portrait Studio Owner
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »

Anyone got any thoughts as to whether Hasselblad wants to stay in the MF market?

Most camera makers seem to drop prices after a period of time.  They drop prices as a product goes through it's life cycle.

Makers drop prices to move inventory before coming out with a new product.

The new Hasselblad owners may feel this will increase market share.

They may feel the competition from new high end dslr's and want to decrease the price difference.

They may feel someone like Fuji, based on it's innovative and impressive sensor of the XPro-1 and with experience in medium format cameras and lenses might come out with a new MFD body that will be priced well below their products and might consequently wants to move into a lower price bracket now to compete with or discourage such a move.

jduncan

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:05 am »

The H4D-200MS perhaps... the H4X as well...

Plus lenses.

I will love to see a H4D-320 based on the 80mpixel sensor. Maybe it's not possible since the 80mpixel Dalsa has a different size, but if possible it will be a great addition.

That will be something easy to do. The other stuff, also in the speculative side of the fence will be a H4D-80.

Photokina is coming on september, For that moment we are likely to know.

Best regards,

J. Duncan
english is not my first language, an I k

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 01:10:58 pm »

I figure there will be a H4D80, it has been around 2 Years after the 80mp backs of Leaf and P1. I reckon there will be room now to deliver sensors to HB as well. It has been a similar situation with the 60 too. Maybe a H5D with an improved LCD and battery solution for use on a tech cam...

I don't get the fuzz, HB is probably just working on the new stuff instead of trying to entertain us over here. Indeed their marketing is downright dumb. The efficiency compared to money spend must be horrible.. A pity IMO.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 10:12:34 pm »

I will be there :)
The new color or limited edition does not convince me. Expect something groundbreaking  8)

While that would be wonderful, don't hold your breath. Hasselcon hasn't done anything innovative in back design or technology since....um...since...well.....since ?? Does coming out with the A12 count?  ;)

The company has also likely been starved of R&D cash throughout most of Shiro's unfortunate ownership tenure, and our Swiss-german friends have not had the company for nearly long enough to fund a serious development cycle, if that's their intent. 

All of which adds up to something ground-breaking at Photokina seeming like kind of a long-shot.

Of course, the "Digital Xpan" has been rumoured for years, and since Fuji actually makes most everything for 'Blad, and is on a winning streak with their cameras, perhaps there's some hope on this front.

- N.

ps. caveat: none of the foregoing is intended as a knock against existing "H" kit.  It is what it is and makes nice pictures. 
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

Nick-T

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 10:21:29 pm »

While that would be wonderful, don't hold your breath. Hasselcon hasn't done anything innovative in back design or technology since....um...since...well.....since ?? Does coming out with the A12 count?  ;)

The company has also likely been starved of R&D cash throughout most of Shiro's unfortunate ownership tenure, and our Swiss-german friends have not had the company for nearly long enough to fund a serious development cycle, if that's their intent. 

All of which adds up to something ground-breaking at Photokina seeming like kind of a long-shot.

Of course, the "Digital Xpan" has been rumoured for years, and since Fuji actually makes most everything for 'Blad, and is on a winning streak with their cameras, perhaps there's some hope on this front.

- N.

ps. caveat: none of the foregoing is intended as a knock against existing "H" kit.  It is what it is and makes nice pictures. 

I'm going to bookmark this post and come back for a chuckle after Photokina.

As for the nonsense about Fuji making most everything, I really don't know why that myth persists. The facts are spelled out in the Hasselblad video recently posted, if you have a spare 10 minutes you can hear exactly what is and isn't made by Fuji.
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

hubell

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:48 am »

As for the nonsense about Fuji making most everything, I really don't know why that myth persists. The facts are spelled out in the Hasselblad video recently posted, if you have a spare 10 minutes you can hear exactly what is and isn't made by Fuji.
Nick-T

Nick, you should know by now that, if you have an axe to grind, you will never let the facts get in the way.

design_freak

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 07:00:07 am »

Nick-T

Nick, so that you did an interview with Ove  ;D
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 07:05:14 am »

- N.

I guess.
But recently, I was disgusted at the fair that the new product has been repainted. For these products we will not wait.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 07:07:56 am »

I figure there will be a H4D80, it has been around 2 Years after the 80mp backs of Leaf and P1. I reckon there will be room now to deliver sensors to HB as well. It has been a similar situation with the 60 too. Maybe a H5D with an improved LCD and battery solution for use on a tech cam...

I don't get the fuzz, HB is probably just working on the new stuff instead of trying to entertain us over here. Indeed their marketing is downright dumb. The efficiency compared to money spend must be horrible.. A pity IMO.

As I wrote about the stupidity of marketing over a year ago. Nobody listened to me...
Best regards,
DF

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 07:17:52 am »

As I wrote about the stupidity of marketing over a year ago. Nobody listened to me...

You went further than only negativity about the way HB deploys their marketing budget. Much further.. I believe that is the part that most people gave up listening to.

There are more people that believe HB can much improve on their communication, these people (including myself) have expressed this more than once over the last couple of years.

I am looking forward to what will be presented a Photokina this year. Maybe, maybe really maybe I might be going there this year. If only to meet some people I have sofar only communicated with via the 'electronic highway'.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 08:23:24 am »

If you're at Photokina, let's just meet at the 'Blad booth and then go for a drink. I'll get the first round.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 08:28:05 am »

If you're at Photokina, let's just meet at the 'Blad booth and then go for a drink. I'll get the first round.

- N.

Sure, i will come round too. You'll recognize me because I'll be wearing a Nikon on my right shoulder.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

design_freak

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 10:11:09 am »

I wish us all who will come there not to see "Lady Gaga Eddition"  ::)
I really believe that we will be happy with what we see there. This company has great potential.
I do not want to Hasselblad ended like Kodak.

Best regards,
DF

Bernd B.

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:22 pm »

I just wonder about such threads. I think most contributors own a Canon 500D with a kitlens and don´t know how to spend their sunday afternoon ;)

I bought an H3D39 with 8 lenses at the end of 2007 and I just use it. Believe it or not: it works! It does great pictures, every time.

I stopped reading camera tests after the purchase, that saved me a lot of time.

My clients are happy with the quality and I am happy with it, too. And the quality does not become worse, only because Nikon released a D800.

The lenses are absolutely great, totally reliable. Thats not like with 35mm where you buy the super new lens for 1.600,- EUR and it is just a little bit better than the previous version, but your are already waiting for the next.

So what marvels are you expecting from the company? And if they released it, would YOU buy it or just open a new discussion thread?

Most of the Hasselblad clients are too busy doing their photography work to discuss with you here.

The only thing I expect from the company is to stay in business for a long time to keep my equipment working.

Best,

Bernd
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:43:48 pm by Bernd B. »

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:56 pm »

+1

"I just wonder about such threads. I think most contributors own a Canon 500D with a kitlens and don´t know how to spend their sunday afternoon

I bought an H3D39 with 8 lenses at the end of 2007 and I just use it. Believe it or not: it works! It does great pictures, every time.

I stopped reading camera tests after the purchase, that saved me a lot of time.

My clients are happy with the quality and I am happy with it, too. And the quality does not become worse, only because Nikon released a D800.

The lenses are absolutely great, totally reliable. Thats not like with 35mm where you buy the super new lens for 1.600,- EUR and it is just a little bit better than the previous version, but your are already waiting for the next.

So what marvels are you expecting from the company? And if they released it, would YOU buy it or just open a new discussion thread?

Most of the Hasselblad clients are too busy doing their photography work to discuss with you here.

The only thing I expect from the company is to stay in business for a long time to keep my equipment working."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:31:32 pm by Willow Photography »
Willow Photography
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up