Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr4 web module  (Read 1434 times)

petermarrek

Lr4 web module
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:18:45 pm »

I recently tried to upload a simple web gallery created in Lightroom4.1 using the web module, Html template, filled in all of the fields and uploaded it via FTP . I was told by the support people that everything was OK. Tried to look at the site and nothing showed up. Tried to use Firefox and the pictures showed up but it said that there was no directory. Called the support people again and they claimed that the LR software was faulty. Passing thr buck. What gives? Peter

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
Re: Lr4 web module
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:14 pm »

Hi Peter,

To get a web gallery up I use the "Export" button and save it to a local disk so I can check it is OK, then use a free FTP client (FileZilla) to upload it to my website.
To troubleshoot your problem I suggest you also do a local export of the web gallery (so you have a reference point for "this is what should be up on my website") and then use something like FileZilla to look at your website to see what files/folders have actually been put up there!

It may then be obvious what is wrong the server/subfolder/path/custom settings you have in the web gallery "Upload Settings".

Hope this helps!

Kevin

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:42 am »

then use a free FTP client (FileZilla)

If I make a suggestion, switch to a free secure FTP client like WinSCP.  Did you know that regular FTP clients list your password as part of the log?  Neither did I until my son (the computer expert) told me so.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:03:10 am »

Peter

I would bet that Kevin's right about the "server/subfolder/path/custom settings you have in the web gallery Upload Settings." ie LR has correctly uploaded it but not exactly where you hoped.

So definitely get an FTP client so you can connect to your web space directly and examine what's there.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up