Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sydney  (Read 1785 times)

achrisproduction

Sydney
« on: May 22, 2012, 09:12:00 am »

Helo all, I am gonna off to Sydney this summer (winter there) any nice spots that I will need to drop by?  also any advise on the locations for photographing the harbour and Sydney opera house?  thanks!

stingray

Re: Sydney
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:17 pm »

1. Get up before dawn and locate yourself under the Sydney Bridge facing the Opera House (south side).  Walk along the sea front until you get an angle to view the Opera House for your dawn shot.
2. Get a ferry over to Cremorne Reserve.  Walk all the way down to the Light at the tip of the peninsula (there is a ladder which will bring you down to the Light).  Great place to get night shots of the skyline and the Sydney Bridge. Check the time of the return ferry.

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »

Just inland from Sydney is the Blue Mountains - sandstone clifs, valleys, gorges, etc... may be of interest if you are into landscapes.

Kevin

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:51:46 am »

Just inland from Sydney is the Blue Mountains - sandstone clifs, valleys, gorges, etc... may be of interest if you are into landscapes.
I'll second the suggestion of Blue Mountains as a destination. I was there in August a few years ago: be warned, it can be jolly cold.

Jeremy

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 04:14:48 am »

My suggestion, if you have the time, is to explore the harbour with a view to getting interesting and unusual views of the Sydney landmarks.

Regards

Tony Jay

Chris Pollock

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:01 am »

If you want something a little different, you should check out Cockatoo Island in Sydney harbour. It contained a prison at one stage, and was later a navy facility. There are a lot of interesting old buildings, cranes, and other machinery scattered around the island. The last time I was there a few years back little of it had been restored, and you could wander reasonably freely over most of the island. You can find more information here:

http://www.cockatooisland.gov.au/
Pages: [1]   Go Up