Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any double sided fiber paper with semigloss/pearl surface?  (Read 2216 times)

aaronchan

Dear All,

I've been search around and I found a few double sided fiber paper or fine art paper, but they are all in matt surface?
Is there any thing double sided but feels like hahnemuhle photo rag pearl or baryta surface?

Thanks
Aaron

Ernst Dinkla

There is an Ilford Galerie D.S. RC paper: Ilford Galerie Double Sided Premium RC Smooth Lustre Duo Inkjet Paper, 280 g/m2. I think that is the only dual sided glossy that has some quality. Red River's Zeppelin and the Tecco replica are more suited for dye inks. I have another one from Germany that is as bad but lighter in weight.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

340+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
update april 2012: Harman by Hahnemühle, Innova IFA45 and more

howardm

Inkpress makes an RC Duo Lustre and a fibre Duo Lustre.

Inkpress Duo Semi Gloss is a microporous double sided paper that is 100% acid and lignin free. It dries instantly and is water resistant and light fast making it ideal of high resolution printing. The double sided coatings make it an excellent choice for brochures, portfolios, greeting cards, scrapbooking, and pre-press proofing. Duo Semi Gloss is compatible with dye and pigment ink printers.

aaronchan

Thanks All,

But I'm trying to find fiber based paper instead of RC paper.
I know paper maker suck as Moab has Entrada which is cotton/fiber based paper.
But they only comes in matte surface which is not what I'm looking for  :(

Aaron

howardm

As I wrote, they (Inkpress) makes *2* different Duo lustre/SG papers.

The first is an RC

Inkpress Luster Duo is a premium high-resolution, double sided, resin coated, microporous, bright white photo grade paper designed for the highest quality color images on both dye and pigment inkjet printers. Its new ultra absorbent coating allows UntraChrome and other pigmented inks to dry instantly, preventing puddling and black (shadows) highlighting or laying on top of the surface of the paper.

The other one isn't but is an alpha-cell paper.  Or are you fixed on a cotton paper?

aaronchan

As I wrote, they (Inkpress) makes *2* different Duo lustre/SG papers.

The first is an RC

Inkpress Luster Duo is a premium high-resolution, double sided, resin coated, microporous, bright white photo grade paper designed for the highest quality color images on both dye and pigment inkjet printers. Its new ultra absorbent coating allows UntraChrome and other pigmented inks to dry instantly, preventing puddling and black (shadows) highlighting or laying on top of the surface of the paper.

The other one isn't but is an alpha-cell paper.  Or are you fixed on a cotton paper?

Dear howardm,

My client saw the photo rag pearl and she likes the paper so much for her custom made book. And she doesn't really feel like the RC would satisfy what she wants.

aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up