Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for a new photographer/director  (Read 4555 times)

factionGM

Recommendations for a new photographer/director
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:57 pm »

Well, I couldn't find anywhere to introduce myself, and this forum is pretty difficult to understand where to post, and what, but I'm just here seeking advice...

I'm new to photography as well as video production (which is what I want to be for my profession), and I'm wondering what you guys make for your jobs, assuming you're freelancers yourself?

(if that makes any sense, bare with me, I'm only fifteen and not the best at wording...)

Just hoping for some decent tips and what programs to use, as well as camera recommendations.

I have Photoshop CS5 (extended), going to get CS6 soon. Illustrator, After Effects ( no clue how to use it...), Vegas Pro 11. :|

Thanks, and my apologies if this is in the wrong section. :|
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:52:46 pm by factionGM »

Tony Jay

Re: Recommendations for a new photographer/director
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:00 am »

Try "Pro Business Discussion" if you want this question to get noticed by the right people.

Regards

Tony Jay

russpears

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:42:25 pm »

Sign up to Lynda.com for how to work the software. Keep asking questions and study film in your own way. Good luck and it is even better that your very young and eager to learn

timothyj

• Upstate New York Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:44:12 pm »

http://tutsplus.com/ has some good resources for learning software. I've just read the free articles they have on Photoshop (http://psd.tutsplus.com/), but they have courses you can sign up for as well. Looks like they have a section for AfterEffects too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up