Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeing differnetly - Infrared  (Read 1249 times)

leuallen

Seeing differnetly - Infrared
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:51:20 pm »

This scene is about a mile from my house so I pass it frequently but I really never noticed it before. Then I got an infrared conversion for one of my old cameras and it changed the way I had to look at things. The surreal look changes rather ordinary scenes into dramatic images that I had never envisioned before. So with my new eyes I am busy exploring all the common place things around me that I have overlooked before.

I live in central Illinois farm land and the landscapes here are generally pretty boring. Anything I can do to spice them up is welcome.

Larry

stpf8

• Stephen Penland Photography
Re: Seeing differnetly - Infrared
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

I think a bit more variety in terms of tones and textures will add to the interest of these photos.  You're on the right track -- keep looking for possible compositions.
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com

leuallen

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:16 pm »

With this infrared setup most of the image is in the very high tones, the grass, etc. I did as much as I could to expand the tones in the high range and give some contrast there but this is as far as I have figured out that I can go playing with LR 4.2 and SiverEfx 2.0. It is the nature of an infrared exposure, it is not going to look like a normal capture.

Here is another example of an interesting old barn I shot last night.

Larry

arlon

• Pbase account
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:58:12 am »

Nice pics, I enjoy dabbling with IR too. I have an old D100 that's IR converted, don't use it a lot but it does get used.
Honey, did you bring an extra battery?
Pages: [1]   Go Up