Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the 645AF/AFD/II/III be used with the Schneider LS lenses in "LS" mode?  (Read 1007 times)

DanielStone

I've been scoping out used 645AF/AFD/II/III systems lately, primarily to be used with film since that's still my preferred medium to work with. I know, I'm a "luddite" technically, but film gives me what I'm looking for, and hell, I can drum scan it if I want a big file anyhow!

So, since I currently live in LA, and after working on a few sets(as an assistant, I'm 24) I've seen the Schneider LS lenses in use a few times. And since the cost of entry is pretty low with the above-mentioned models, I'd like to know if they're FULLY COMPATIBLE with the LS lenses and can retain full usage of the "LS" function. Not planning on buying them, since they're more than I can afford, but $20-30 for a weekend rental from Samy's might be nice for the occasional weekend roadtrip...

thanks

-Dan

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

No. Only the DF is compatible with the LS series of lenses. Previous bodies are not compatible (specifically LS lenses will physically mount to earlier bodies but you cannot use autofocus, cannot control the aperture, and the leaf shutter will not fire).
Pages: [1]   Go Up