Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An underwater landscape  (Read 1474 times)

vazuw55

An underwater landscape
« on: May 20, 2012, 08:59:29 pm »

I thought I would post a different kind of landscape. Its  an old shot from the solomon islands.

Tony Jay

Re: An underwater landscape
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:11:14 am »

Very unusual pic but very effective.

Regards

Tony Jay

stpf8

• Stephen Penland Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

It's an unusual and interesting composition.  My personal view, I think the photo would be of even greater interest if the middle "thing" had not been there and we were left with just the starfish and the small island.  In  addition, I'd be inclined to get a bit more sky in the photo rather than this nearly 50:50 split you currently have; the clouds have some interest, and I like the notion of the main subjects "down below" in the different medium of the water.
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com

arlon

• Pbase account
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:06:09 am »

I like the picture but I think I'd like the place even more! So is that a seascape or a landscape? All it needs is a big barracuda off in the distance staring into the camera. I like the idea, I've considered buying myself a small waterproof pocket cam just for the odd opportunity to shoot something like that (wouldn't happen too often out here in West Texas).
Honey, did you bring an extra battery?

vazuw55

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »

Actually, I'm an avid underwater photographer. I've been obsessed with this type of shot for years. This was taken in the solomon islands in 3 feet of water. It was  published, and was a winner in a contest. I now am trying to focus more on the world above sea level. I will try posting some from above sea level. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up