Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom cable release adapter for Nex 7  (Read 2580 times)

JohnNewman

Custom cable release adapter for Nex 7
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:04:12 pm »

I have commented recently on other forums about using a cable release adapter on my Nex 7 to circumvent some of Sony's strange decisions which don't allow use of the wireless remote in some modes, notably auto-HDR and AEB.

I recently contacted Richard Franiec http://www.kleptography.com/rf/ who kindly replied and said that he had had some enquiries for a custom cable release adapter but not enough to warrant a project to make one at this time similar to the ones on his website.

With Richard's kind permission, I have therefore started this thread, as well as one on DPReview and GetDPI (and will send Richard links) to ask whether any other users would be willing or interested in such an adapter if it was available.

I'd therefore ask that if anyone is interested, they could make a comment on this thread to signify interest.

Richard (rightly in my view) hasn't said exactly how many would need to express firm interest. I imagine that, if the project proceeded, he would need to spend considerable time in design and manufacture so obviously the more that do show interest, the better. He will then be able to make a decision whether to proceed or not.

Thanks for looking

John
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:07:55 pm by JohnNewman »

Fine_Art

Re: Custom cable release adapter for Nex 7
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:28 am »

JohnNewman

Re: Custom cable release adapter for Nex 7
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:29 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQmly8KSac

A Nex 5N remote commander

Unfortunately it doesn't allow tripod mounted operation of either auto-bracketing (poor as it is) or the auto-HDR function.  The latter is actually quite useful but not hand-held in low light situations so, yes, the remote commander is ok but not the overall answer as it won't operate in these situations.  You still have to manually depress the shutter which not exactly compatible with tripod use  :)

Thanks for the suggestion though.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up